Iowa Basketball's Super Bowl

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Pollard must not be a very good accountant if he couldn't find the $15,000-$25,000 to keep Cael. It isn't like he was gonna have to fork over 5 million to keep him.
You think the salary difference between what he was getting at ISU and PSU was 15-25k?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Believing that Notre Dame is #7 in the nation is an even bigger deal for me. Wow. Are you a rational person? Don’t get me wrong, like USC they are a ranked and storied program, but using a single data source like that to try and puff this up is a touch ridiculous.
For some reason you quoted me but never answered my question.

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
Believing that Notre Dame is #7 in the nation is an even bigger deal for me. Wow. Are you a rational person? Don’t get me wrong, like USC they are a ranked and storied program, but using a single data source like that to try and puff this up is a touch ridiculous.
tenor.gif

Reactions: CyTwins

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
He only mentioned salary and not incentives.

Incentives are just that. I mean why wouldn't Jamie want to pay his coach more if he succeeded more. If you aren't willing to match someone else's incentives, then that speaks loudly as well.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Again, I'm not too bummed about Cael leaving personally. Wrestling is a fun but niche sport that doesnt make money.
I continue to wish Cael the best.
I would say the same for CJL if she moved on in volleyball.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Incentives are just that. I mean why wouldn't Jamie want to pay his coach more if he succeeded more. If you aren't willing to match someone else's incentives, then that speaks loudly as well.
Man you are awfully concerned about this.

HawkInCO

Sep 15, 2019
If you were offered twice your salary in the same field of employment you wouldnt take it?
I dont blame Cael or Jamie in that instance at all. Wrestling doesnt turn a profit, no sense in going that far in the hole.

I would likely take it, but I would certainly take the offer to my employer to see if they would match. I love my work and those I work with & it would want to give them every advantage.

Pollard couldn’t find a single donor to match that offer or did Cael not care enough about ISU to give him the opportunity?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Mods can we change the thread title to "Did Jamie try hard enough to keep Cael in a non revenue earning sport?"

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
You gave your coach a Gatorade bath after winning a non conference game vs an unranked opponent. Your starting PG went public admitting it was their Super Bowl. Lol stop it

the players did that?

Remember how they mocked the court rush?

• Agree

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Man you are awfully concerned about this.

As a Hawk fan, it does bother me. If Jamie wasn't so cheap, Cael would have stayed as ISU, and Penn St. wouldn't have been kicking our ass for the last decade. Plus you know Jamie is too cheap to invest into the Wrestling program, so Iowa would still be kicking ISU ass in wrestling as well.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
As a Hawk fan, it does bother me. If Jamie wasn't so cheap, Cael would have stayed as ISU, and Penn St. wouldn't have been kicking our ass for the last decade. Plus you know Jamie is too cheap to invest into the Wrestling program, so Iowa would still be kicking ISU ass in wrestling as well.
My condolences

Reactions: CyPunch and CyTwins

Help Support Us

Become a patron