Iowa Advent 2020

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Every year in November the Iowa Craft Beer Tent sells this Iowa Beer Advent. This was my first year trying it out. Found a couple that I hadn't had and thought were ok but it kind of sucked overall. The good news is that it still gave me a reason to drink 24 days in a row.

4kRgJI5.jpg

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I thought about it but wasn't in love with the price for "mystery" beers.

PFlatts

Nov 1, 2013
I agree first year here as well and I'm not all that impressed. Not sure I'll do it again next year at that price.

Mad props to the brewery that had the sealing issue. It was nice to see them take ownership of the mistake and make everyone aware. While it was a pain to exchange (I live outside DSM) to do the exchange getting 2 to replace it was great gesture.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Got a Costco one for a gift. Was all German beer. It has been overall pretty good. Had to take a day off here and there haha

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Mad props to the brewery that had the sealing issue. It was nice to see them take ownership of the mistake and make everyone aware. While it was a pain to exchange (I live outside DSM) to do the exchange getting 2 to replace it was great gesture.

I think that was the Mudslinger one? Mine turned out fine. I would think that for some of these lesser known breweries it would be a great time to showcase what they can do. Maybe this was their showcase and they just suck.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Didnt buy this but some of the beers on it I have tried. The Weather Beacon Red is one of my favorites. Confluence doesn't miss on many beers, rarely am I disappointed when I try one of their beers.

PFlatts

Nov 1, 2013
I think that was the Mudslinger one? Mine turned out fine. I would think that for some of these lesser known breweries it would be a great time to showcase what they can do. Maybe this was their showcase and they just suck.

Correct that was it! Mine had to spots on the seal that showed leakage. Overall I thought it was alright beer (not big into chocolate coffee stouts though)