Intermittent Fasting

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by dmclone, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Nader_uggghhh

Nader_uggghhh Active Member

Jul 11, 2017
    Ratings:
    +223 / 16 / -0
    That's a hell of a belly button.

2. Bigman38

Bigman38 Well-Known Member
    SuperFanatic

Jul 27, 2010
    Male
    Council Bluffs, IA
    Ratings:
    +6,386 / 401 / -4
    I think over the years of trying a bunch of things it's mostly just finding what you can maintain. Every diet "works" if you can stick to it, and the reasons why are pretty simple, they're all just various ways to cut calories and burn more. The really hard part is finding something that fits your lifestyle and what you're good at.

I've read some of the supposed science on fasting and I'm pretty skeptical of it, just out of pessimism when it comes to diet fads, but regardless it seems like a pretty simple way to cut calories and regulate your schedule.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. besserheimerphat

besserheimerphat Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Male
    Reliability Engineer
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Ratings:
    +3,924 / 82 / -4
    If you've gained muscle, your basal metabolism has increased. So if you aren't also increasing calorie intake accordingly you'll still be burning body fat. You only need about 0.7g of protein per pound of lean body weight to build muscle so you may be wasting some money on supplements, eating more protein than you can use. Adding some good carbs can be an inexpensive way to boost your total calorie intake to help fuel workouts rather than taking more protein, and help prevent you from reaching the point where you start breaking down muscle.

• Informative Informative x 1