Increase in ticket prices...

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
This is a dicey time with ISU football. I believe if ISU gets 6 wins next fall then many people will be fairly satisfied with that result, and the light at the end of the tunnel will be ahead. Of course if they flop in 08, then this could all go awry, and people might not buy into the hope for the future.

It's too bad all these raised tickets/donation levels didnt start with 08 as opposed to 07. Im under the impression it would have been a safer PR move to let the 1st year of Chizik slide by, before putting it on the supporters to cough up more.

If people are complaining now when the total price for season tickets hasn't increased, how would they NOT complain if the price WAS going up--and with one fewer game on the schedule?

CyPlainsDrifter

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 19, 2006
I continue to dream of Cyclone greatness..... so I will continue to give and do my part. Probably more $$ and for much longer than any sane man would.

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Where I work they match my contribution (80%) and my wife's work does the same. I hope everyone is taking advantage of their company's matching program!

Damn straight-I work for Wells Fargo, my wife works for Principal. Our $1000 donation gets us in Captains Club

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Damn straight-I work for Wells Fargo, my wife works for Principal. Our $1000 donation gets us in Captains Club

Wow, that would be nice, my company does not match, otherwise I would have some really good seats.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
If people are complaining now when the total price for season tickets hasn't increased, how would they NOT complain if the price WAS going up--and with one fewer game on the schedule?

I dont think I clarified enough. my reasoning doesnt neccesarily have to do with raising ticket prices for 1 less game in 08. what im getting at is with the donation levels rising and now the few extra bucks per game(in effect) its bothering people considering what transpired on the field.

I knew 07 wasnt going to be a very good year, and i think most others expected the same. I just think that JP might have been better off to hold off on all the changes 1 year, so ISU could burn up a expected bad year on the field. From there he could preach the "hope for the future" message(with the new staff in place and 1 year under thier belts), and i think there would be a little less grumbling from the genral public.

From what I'm reading here, many people are ok with giving more, but the results on the field are bothering them, and they feel they had better see improvement this season. JP waiting a year would have possibly gave the football program a little more wiggle room with its supporters. With that said no OU/TU/T-tech for 2 season means ISU needs to get the ball rolling asap, to get built up for 2009/2010.

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
I am still going to donate, in fact I am donating more this year, but I need to start seeing something in a few years, or I am going back to a small donation and not expecting anything else. I think this is JP's one chance, and it if fails it will set ISU back 20 years.

Not 20 years back from now, but about 20 years farther back than we currently are. If everything works out, we're still probably 5 years back money-wise from our peer institutions.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I'd like to see the list of conference ticket prices. ISU is at $59 a game for great seats. How does that compare? And, you have to take into account that most other conference teams will be upping their prices as well. I'm betting that ISU is close to the middle of the conference, if not on the low end. And then you factor in donation levels and I think ISU is probably at or near the bottom.

If people don't like the prices, buy a Cy's Pack. Those are cheap tickets with no donation and still get you into the stadium. Sorry, but we're going to have to support this athletic department at a Big XII level if we don't want to move to CUSA.

http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/football/18809-no-talk-ticket-prices.html#post296160

There's that for you.

So, in years we have 8 home games you think they should raise the price?

I think the face value of a ticket should remain somewhat consistent. So yes, I think if we were to have 8 home games the overall season ticket price should go up. Regardless, we're paying more for less again this year.

This is a moot point though, because we've NEVER played 8 home games, and we don't have a schedule with 8 on it until 2015. So we'll have 7 years to find out.