I'm tired of hearing about the great Matt Campbell

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
I agree. Manning is overrated as an offensive coordinator. His play calling was a problem his last stent here. As for the special teams. The first 2 years with Campbell, Gasser was the special teams coordinator and the special teams did well. Then year 3 he made Huston the special teams coordinator and we were terrible. This year special teams are a problem again. Some of Campbell ‘s decisions on his staff are questionable.
I paid the $1 for a 3 month DMR subscription.
https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...football-matt-campbell-jeff-woody/2341782001/

The bone head decision of our special teams coach to twice elect to run the ball back on KO's. Iowa clearly communicated with their players to fair catch every KO.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I paid the $1 for a 3 month DMR subscription.
https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...football-matt-campbell-jeff-woody/2341782001/

The bone head decision of our special teams coach to twice elect to run the ball back on KO's. Iowa clearly communicated with their players to fair catch every KO.

Just rewatched the condensed game. Our return teams were bad. We returned three kicks and the best return was to the 24. The first kick started at the 15 yd line. Although I think the block in the back was another BS call as the ISU guy and turned his back and didn't even block the guy.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I thought the winner of the Iowa game would go on to win 10 games and the loser gets to 8. If we get 8 wins and people aren't happy then jump on the bama bandwagon.

8 wins is not going to be easy this year. The Big XII is a meat grinder and there are no bad teams. That's our biggest problem.

• Agree
Reactions: Brandon

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
8 wins is not going to be easy this year. The Big XII is a meat grinder and there are no bad teams. That's our biggest problem.
Kansas and WVU are not very good this year. KSU is a little better than last year. Texas Tech didn't look very good this past Saturday and their QB got injured. Baylor is TBD since they haven't played a soul. Okie State's offense looks good as usual but their defense doesn't look good. TCU is better than last year but they've been switching up QB's already. Then you have Texas and OU who are legit.

If we figure out our offensive woes which I believe does happen, we win 8-9 games again. Our defense is extremely solid and is going to keep us in every single game we play.

• Agree
Reactions: Brandon

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
The jury is still out on KSU. Granted, they've looked good, but how many times did Rhoads start out 3-0 here? I think overall, the mid section of the conference is a little bit better than last year, but until conference play starts, we really don't know anything.

• Agree
Reactions: surly

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
We'll likely be favored in every one of our remaining games except for 2-3. 8 wins is still a definite possibility.
There's no basis or reasoning behind this future statement... but I think that many things would have to go wrong for us to not reach 8 wins this year..

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Oh I don't know? I suppose playing for a FUC**** conference title is still in play.

For all those people that mock Iowa for the rivalry game being their super bowl, take a look in the mirror.

More than a few that will let this last game define this team and this coaching staff. I'm buying all the CMC stock I can. He's still the 2nd or 3rd youngest coach. Premier teams come to OUR house to learn. We're looking at 3 straight winning seasons with winning conference records. Yeah - we suck. :)

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
For all those people that mock Iowa for the rivalry game being their super bowl, take a look in the mirror.

More than a few that will let this last game define this team and this coaching staff. I'm buying all the CMC stock I can. He's still the 2nd or 3rd youngest coach. Premier teams come to OUR house to learn. We're looking at 3 straight winning seasons with winning conference records. Yeah - we suck. :)
Our defense has given up two touchdowns this year: one when UNI got the ball at the 25 in overtime on a broken play, and the other when Iowa got the ball at our 30 on a poor punt by us. Our offense is putting up 440 yards a game so far and did that against solid defenses. We just need to figure out how to stop shooting ourselves in the foot when we have momentum on offense. Clean up a few other things and you have a really tough football team.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Kansas and WVU are not very good this year. KSU is a little better than last year. Texas Tech didn't look very good this past Saturday and their QB got injured. Baylor is TBD since they haven't played a soul. Okie State's offense looks good as usual but their defense doesn't look good. TCU is better than last year but they've been switching up QB's already. Then you have Texas and OU who are legit.

If we figure out our offensive woes which I believe does happen, we win 8-9 games again. Our defense is extremely solid and is going to keep us in every single game we play.

Kansas beat a 2-0 power 5 team on the road. That is more impressive than anything we've done yet. They have a good run game and average everything else. WVU beat a decent power 5 team but may be with Kansas. KSU beat an SEC team at their place with a new coach. And those are supposedly the easy wins. They will not be.

• Winner
Reactions: Walden4Prez

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Our defense has given up two touchdowns this year: one when UNI got the ball at the 25 in overtime on a broken play, and the other when Iowa got the ball at our 30 on a poor punt by us. Our offense is putting up 440 yards a game so far and did that against solid defenses. We just need to figure out how to stop shooting ourselves in the foot when we have momentum on offense. Clean up a few other things and you have a really tough football team.

I posted this in the other thread but we need to put the ball in the end zone. If that means taking more chances on 4th down then so be it. But we have to start scoring TD’s. It will be hard to get to 8 wins at our current pace.