I'm starting to like the idea of Tulane as #12 for the conference

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Maybe after bcs saga this year, we will add one team and do that 11 team b10 thing. Don't think it will really happen, but would kill the CCG and give the 4 non cons that some want plus kill some south schools off our schedule every so often.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I don't think that's what he (or she) is indicating, but if so, it's a silly reason to add a team. I doubt that the Big 12's TV partners give a rat's *** about potential market share; they want to capitalize on what already exists. And even if they did, it's plausible that UCF/USF/E.Carolina/teams that are playing well and are in parts of the country that are rapidly expanding would be less-risky targets than Tulane.

You guys are talking past each other. Broadcast TV execs only care about ratings and how higer ones impact advertising revenues. From their perspective, Tulane adds NOTHING. Were there a Big 12 cable network, like B1G Net, cable subscriptions for programming appearing state wide would make accessing another state like Louisiana, or tapping a school with a nationwide following, much more appealing because getting rolled into a basic cable package in broad distribution generates income per household available. This would make Tulane marginally a better choice, but not without the cable distribution income. And we all know there is no Big XII network forthcoming.

ZachsterPoke

Jan 4, 2010
But for the sake of Tulane, why do you think that Iowa with 3 million people can support two major universities but Louisiana with 4.5 million(and a hell of a lot better athletes) can't?

Because Iowa doesn't have an NFL team. Let alone a popular NFL team.

Help Support Us

Become a patron