If your Chip Kelly (oregon coach)...

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
One interesting thought on the suspension angle of this...

There were some that called for LJ to get suspended for the year or kicked off the team for a late hit, which while unacceptable, was still within the confines of the game itself.

Just curious how people stood on the LJ situation and how they stand on this kid.

richey24

Jul 16, 2009
Ames
One interesting thought on the suspension angle of this...

There were some that called for LJ to get suspended for the year or kicked off the team for a late hit, which while unacceptable, was still within the confines of the game itself.

Just curious how people stood on the LJ situation and how they stand on this kid.
I don't recall people wanting LJ gone for the year or off the team, I do remember people wanting him to sit for a game after multiple late hit calls though, which I would have been fine with. But you can't really compare a late tackle to a post game sucker punch.

richey24

Jul 16, 2009
Ames
Belotti might be the one doing this. I wouldn't be shocked if he makes the decision before Chip can even think about it.
Oregon is heavy into its boosters, and I'm sure there could have been a lot of them in a sky box with Belotti.
Yeah, very true.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
Blount was suspended in the off-season for poor attendance at team meetings and workouts and stuff. Then he was ordered off the field on the first day of fall practice. Not sure what that was about.

It is likely that Kelly will not be the one making the decision. Mike Bellotti was the head coach at Oregon for 14 years, and just moved up to the AD position this year. There has been a lot of question if Kelly (the former OC under Bellotti) could actually take over this team with Bellotti still around. Watching the game last night, and the sideline some, I think the answer is no. It appears Bellotti will not let him.

Anyway......hopefully Blount will be off the team.

Here are a couple of articles in the paper out here that may provide some more insight for you.

Oregon's LeGarrette Blount apologizes, Chip Kelly considers punishment for sucker punch - Behind The Ducks Beat

Canzano: LeGarrette Blount must go after post-game punch at Boise State – OregonLive.com

Pac-10 football: Meltdown in Boise, Part I: News notes & links - Pac-10

richey24

Jul 16, 2009
Ames
I agree. The Boise player was asking for it.
I agree. I think I actually saw him say "Dude, punch me in the jaw really hard when my coach pulls me aside."

Does it bother anyone else that Cyclone fans would apparently be ok with a Cyclone doing this after a game because the other team "deserved it"?

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I assume he's still walking home. I did find it funny that the Boise kid's grin got knocked off his face. He didn't deserve it at all but I still found it funny. Sue me. Kids talk trash because they know they can't get hit. Maybe he'll keep his mouth shut next time.

I'm not saying anyone should throw a punch, but I am somewhat in agreement. People run their mouth (plus a push in this case) and don't think there will be consequences. It was incredible that he actually connected and dropped him.

The circumstances leading up to it may be the factor we don't see, as cyclonenum1 mentioned. Hate to see this happen.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
KNOCKED THE **** OUT!!

2w3sys0.jpg

Reactions: cyismydog

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I agree. The Boise player was asking for it.

See I kind of think it was more of a "Hey, thought you were gonna whoop us?" comment. It's got to build up in some of those Boise kids because they play so well and as ESPN put it, all they are known is for a couple gadget and trick plays in the Fiesta Bowl. Respect your opponent in the first place and it will never happen.
I think the Boise kid had all the rights in the world to say something to him, I would stand up for myself and my team on my turf too even if it means I'm 'baiting' a guy. I don't think its respectful, but I'd have a hard time biting my lip to a trash talker and someone that I beat, 2 years in a row now.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I agree. I think I actually saw him say "Dude, punch me in the jaw really hard when my coach pulls me aside."

Oh please - get over yourself. It wasn't wasn't some kind of roundhouse punch - it was a hard jab. Look at the tape.
The Boise State player is a punk - he came up and started it with the push and the taunting - and had it coming.

richey24

Jul 16, 2009
Ames
Oh please - get over yourself. It wasn't wasn't some kind of roundhouse punch - it was a hard jab. Look at the tape.
The Boise State player is a punk - he came up and started it with the push and the taunting - and had it coming.
Now it matters what kind of punch it was? "We were going to kick Blount off the team, but then we reviewed the tape again and realized it was only a jab and not a right hook, so the proper punishment is a 1 game suspension."

threemuch

Mar 28, 2006
Portland, OR
I live here, and 67% of the delusional and obnoxious duck fans (who are very similar to hawkeye fans) want him booted off the team.

If you or I shove a cop who is trying to restrain us, we would be wondering how we would get out of jail, not if we were still on the team or not.

I say BSU should take the high road and suspend Hout for a couple of games before Oregon does anything.

KCy

Jul 20, 2008
Kansas City
Kick him off the team. There might be a lawsuit. Hopefully not....but there might be. Berryman went to jail for less.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
So Tornado Man, am I correct in assuming you'd be ok with Cyclones acting like that?

No, there should be a message sent to him of a suspension of a game (or two), but talk of a whole season and such - like Chris Williams and others have said - is ridiculous and has racist tones to it.