I have a bit of a soft spot for Dickie V, but

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
13 pts 15 reb. and only 1 turnover. I'll take that every night.

That was lightning in a bottle though, so the "I'll take that every night" is worthless because you'll probably never see it again from him. I'm not hating on him but most Iowa fans should probably be happy to get close to a double double out of him given his abilities.
Devin Williams, Ryan Spangler, Brice Johnson, Ryan Anderson, Josh Scott, players like that are what Woodbury should be comparable to but he's not for a number of reasons.

ISUTex

May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
What was his list of point guards?

He had a list of his top PG's. About 6 or 7, including Ferrell and Van Fleet. No Big 12 point guards. Most people on planet Earth consider Monte to be one of the best, if not the best. No other Big 12 PG's.

Not mad or anything, just kind of funny. He makes it too obvious.

FatNTired

Jun 3, 2015
That was lightning in a bottle though, so the "I'll take that every night" is worthless because you'll probably never see it again from him. I'm not hating on him but most Iowa fans should probably be happy to get close to a double double out of him given his abilities.
Devin Williams, Ryan Spangler, Brice Johnson, Ryan Anderson, Josh Scott, players like that are what Woodbury should be comparable to but he's not for a number of reasons.

He's had five double-doubles in the last seven games.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Vitale is a smart man, he caters to his audience. The only people in the country watching last night were Big 10 fans so why stroke other conferences? When he does a Big 12 game you'd think it's the only conference he watches. He's got nothing but great things to say about ISU, KU, and others.

I've had the misfortune of listening to him do plenty of Big 12 games. He still talks incessantly about Duke and the ACC.

DeftOne

Dec 30, 2014
Des Moines, IA
The worst is when they put Vitale and Musberger together for the same broadcast. Holy crap is that tough to listen to and keep your sanity. Thank God they don't do it very often.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
I love Bill Walton.

Bill Walton said:
“Think Oscar Wilde when he said, ‘every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.’ But also think Neil Young. ‘The fork in the road, light a candle’. Instead of cursing the darkness, let’s light a candle for where we’re going. This was fantastic for the world. We are better people for having been here. It was absolutely incredible. I’m inspired. I don’t know when I’ll ever sleep again.”

FatNTired

Jun 3, 2015
But you said this:

And I said that you aren't going to get that on a nightly basis, its an anomaly. He's winding down a career that for the most part he's under achieved in.

But he HAS been producing that on a nightly basis over the last month. He hasn't produced those numbers throughout his career but he's progressed to where it's a common occurrence.

ISUTex

May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
But he HAS been producing that on a nightly basis over the last month. He hasn't produced those numbers throughout his career but he's progressed to where it's a common occurrence.

A lot of that has to do with competition (not every game) and match ups. A lot of bad big ten teams with big slow post players. Perfect for Woodbury.

But, mostly due to the other four players around him doing a great job of finding him for wide open layups. And I stress.."Layups".

FatNTired

Jun 3, 2015
McKay is having a "down year" and still is averaging more points, rebounds, assists and blocks.

And he's a better player, no doubt. I was simply pointing out that Woody has been collecting double-doubles lately, contrary to what JP stated.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I said his Indiana game is an anomaly and he still has a long ways to go before I'd call it common. He still has yet to crack the NCAA top 50 double double list this year.

DeftOne

Dec 30, 2014
Des Moines, IA
I said his Indiana game is an anomaly and he still has a long ways to go before I'd call it common. He still has yet to crack the NCAA top 50 double double list this year.
I'm no Woobury lover, but that's not a great argument there. How many Iowa State players are on that list? That would be none. How many are in the Top 100? Also none. Woodbury, on the other hand, does make the Top 100.

Agree with the sentiment...just need to work on the argument to back it up.

FatNTired

Jun 3, 2015

I'm not sure you understand what 'anomaly' means.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I'm no Woobury lover, but that's not a great argument there. How many Iowa State players are on that list? That would be none. How many are in the Top 100? Also none. Woodbury, on the other hand, does make the Top 100.

Agree with the sentiment...just need to work on the argument to back it up.

I'm not arguing that any Iowa State player is a common double double guy. I haven't indicated that at all.

I'm not sure you understand what 'anomaly' means.

Pretty sure I do:

a·nom·a·ly
əˈnäməlē/
noun
noun: anomaly; plural noun: anomalies
something that deviates from what is standard, normal, or expected.

Woodbury career 6.3 and 5.3
Woodbury year 8.7 and 8
Woodbury against IU 13 and 15

It fits that definition pretty well brainiac.