"I don't like the Cubs."

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
I was just barely old enough to remember it. As sad as it may be I remember the old Kroger commercials with Marty and Joe they used to play during the breaks on TV. I grew up just north of Dayton. Still make it back home to at least 2-3 Reds games a year. Also nice to see Great American Ballpark fill up!

Hal Morris, Eric Davis, Tom Browning, Chris Sabo among others, with performances by MC Hammer! Really wish I could catch the game on Friday. I was a big Chris Sabo fan back in the day.

Nice, I lived southeast of Dayton, in Bellbrook. I was back for opening day this year. That would be awesome to be at the game to see the '90 players back!

I smell a bro-mance :yes:

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
Sounds like Cub fans are still a little sore about Steve Bartman. Recent central division championships don't equate to World Champs.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Sounds like Cub fans are still a little sore about Steve Bartman. Recent central division championships don't equate to World Champs.

Yeah, because he has been brought up so much this thread right? I hope you guys enjoy a season of success, then sink right back to mediocrity again. I was rooting for the reds to overtake the cards, but I really don't care who wins the division.

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
Yeah, because he has been brought up so much this thread right? I hope you guys enjoy a season of success, then sink right back to mediocrity again. I was rooting for the reds to overtake the cards, but I really don't care who wins the division.

Yeah, may have been a low blow, but there is a big Cubs superiority complex going on here. For the record I have nothing against the Cubs...more against the Cardinals. But I am relieved that the Cubs/Cards talk has went down a little this year.

Whatever though...you can be bitter about losing a season of being legitimate in baseball. I understand it is not too much fun when your teams aren't doing well in the sports void of summer.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Can the Reds just hurry up and fall out of contention so the two Reds fans on this board will go away? You know it's going to happen; hopefully, it's sooner and not later. Honestly, nobody outside of Cincy gives two $hIt$ about Joey Votto, and most don't even know who he is.

I don't see the Reds falling off, their pitching is just too good and they have depth to add to it in the second half. They also have a good enough farm system to make some moves if they need it even though a RH bullpen guy is about the only hole I can see.

FYI, the Mexican-Canadian will likely win the MVP, so everyone will know who he is soon.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
He's actually Italian-Canadian, but yes... he is having a great year. The addition of Volquez to the rotation will be great. I'm hoping they bring Chapman up to pitch out of the bullpen fairly soon as well.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I don't see the Reds falling off, their pitching is just too good and they have depth to add to it in the second half. They also have a good enough farm system to make some moves if they need it even though a RH bullpen guy is about the only hole I can see.

FYI, the Mexican-Canadian will likely win the MVP, so everyone will know who he is soon.

You're forgetting one key fact in your analysis here and that fact is Dusty Baker. Hey may take you far, but he will find a way to **** it all up and tear out your heart...

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
You're forgetting one key fact in your analysis here and that fact is Dusty Baker. Hey may take you far, but he will find a way to **** it all up and tear out your heart...

...and probably destroy a couple of pitchers careers along the way. :no:

Neckbeard

Dec 20, 2008
Sports is fun with villains and rivals. Byrd said that they were friendly over the course of the break. Seems like Votto's having some fun and rile up the fans.

The irony for Votto is that he probably loves the Cubs. He has 15 career HR's and an OPS over 1.00 career against us. OPS is even higher than that at Wrigley.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron