House of Cards Season 5 (Don't read if not caught up)

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
The long wait finally ends tomorrow! Have watched the whole series through 3-4 times since last April. One of my favorite all time shows. Even in the slower episodes, the acting is so good it keeps you engaged. Obviously there are some over the top themes, but hey it's TV. Hard to forget the final image of season 4 where the Underwoods watch the ICO terrorists kill an American civilization and without flinching.

Loose ends that we know of.

-Tom Hammerschmidt is hot on the trail on the Underwoods and had just gone public detailing out Frank's corruption during his rise to power. At this point, there isn't much heat on the murders of Peter Russo or Zoe Barnes, but it hasn't been ruled out either. Remy Danton and Jackie Sharp who went on record against Frank have gone into hiding since the release.

-Frank is trailing in the polls against Will Conway for the upcoming 2016 presidential election.

-The FBI and Homeland security have taken control of the surveillance algorithm (also used to aid the Underwoods in the election) that Aiden and Doug Stamper have been trying to keep under control.

-Frank has waged total war against ICO.

Please put any season 5 events/reveals in a spoiler tag.

Reactions: Cyched and BBHMagic

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Not trying to turn this into a UK/US debate, but I always enjoyed the original when it was on PBS growing up in Iowa. They had it on 2-3 times a decade.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098825/

If you need a further fix, worth watching this one, as well.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
I've forgotten so much about this series since I started watching it. With a 2 year old, binge watching is pretty much off the table. Hopefully I can get this watched and resist checking threads about it!

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
my two year sat and watched an entire movie this weekend. granted, it was the secret life of pets, but it proves our activites don't need to be limited to 20 minutes if it's animated and has doggies.

I think momma might frown on House of Cards for the little guy.

The toughest part now is getting him to bed - when he was in a crib, I could pretty much plop him down and walk out of the room. Now that he's in a big boy bed, he seems to put up more of a fight going down. Which means I can get maybe 1 episode of a show in per night.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I'm on episode 5. Worked a half day for this exact reason.

Gonna tie up a couple other shows first so I can dive into this one. Got the wife caught up last fall (didn't mind going through the series again) so we can watch together.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron