Hello, visiting fan with a question about you guys

sufan4eva13

Feb 3, 2010
Hi, a guy who used to play at my high school transferred to Iowa State not too long ago. His name is Earl Brooks and he is a defensive back. I just wanted to pop in and see how he did this past year and his prospects for future playing time. All responses are appreciated, ever since Earl transferred there i've been rooting for Iowa State!

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Ignore the post about "who is that"....Last I heard he had moved from DB to Safety earlier this week. Seems like a good prospect, and we have an opening at safety.

wags

Dec 13, 2008
DSM
If I remember right, it was said on here that he was making a switch to safety

CIVILCY

May 21, 2009
Hi, a guy who used to play at my high school transferred to Iowa State not too long ago. His name is Earl Brooks and he is a defensive back. I just wanted to pop in and see how he did this past year and his prospects for future playing time. All responses are appreciated, ever since Earl transferred there i've been rooting for Iowa State!

He redshirted last year so there isn't alot of info on him, but hopefully he can fill a hole at safety this year.

sufan4eva13

Feb 3, 2010
Thanks a ton for the info guys, I really appreciate it! I'm actually from a little town in New York and Earl transferred there for his senior year, and lets just say our town isnt known for producing D1 guys (VERY small school) so to have one from our school (even if he only player there for 1 year) is exciting! Theres a group of Iowa State fans in middle of nowhere, New York! Hopefully he can work his way up the depth chart and make some plays for you guys, because he is to this day the best player i've ever seen live. Once again thanks a ton for the info!

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Thanks a ton for the info guys, I really appreciate it! I'm actually from a little town in New York and Earl transferred there for his senior year, and lets just say our town isnt known for producing D1 guys (VERY small school) so to have one from our school (even if he only player there for 1 year) is exciting! Theres a group of Iowa State fans in middle of nowhere, New York! Hopefully he can work his way up the depth chart and make some plays for you guys, because he is to this day the best player i've ever seen live. Once again thanks a ton for the info!

You'll have to come see them play in the New York Bowl next Winter, I still have a gut feeling that is where we will be next bowl season.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008

Earl redshirted this past season. I'm going to the spring game in April and I'll be looking for him. Word is he's moving to safety. At this point I think PT is up in the air for almost everyone since we're in the midst of a rebuilding job and a new staff. Earl is lucky though, we have an outstanding DC, Wally Burnham.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008

Wait a minute, does SU stand for Syracuse?

Booooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wink:

sufan4eva13

Feb 3, 2010
Haha yes, SU would be Syracuse. And i would love to go back to the days when we heard "Boo" from the rest of college football instead of "Hahahahaha" :wink:

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Haha yes, SU would be Syracuse. And i would love to go back to the days when we heard "Boo" from the rest of college football instead of "Hahahahaha" :wink:

The "boo" would be because of the recent unpleasantness regarding someone on the the SU MBB team who "transferred" from ISU...

pyrocyz

Jun 2, 2006
Ames

You might want to run...a lot of people here have a deep distain for Syracuse.

Wesley Johnson is all that I will say.

sufan4eva13

Feb 3, 2010
:embarrassed: Oh right, that completely slipped my mind when i came here. Well, just know that i come in peace

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Just...let...it...go...already...

The guy just came here to ask a question about someone on the FB team...

Actually, it doesn't upset me and I actually enjoy watching Syracuse play. But I have noticed that they tend to throw "Iowa State transfer" out a lot. It surprised me he didn't think of it.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron