Hawkeyes starting to sweat?

HITMAN

May 10, 2006
Westminster,CO.
Agreed, We should care more about conference games and making the Big 12 North tougher, but You just have to think Hawkeye fans have their eyebrows up and wondering what the heck are they doing in Ames.... because these changes have been solid, and JP has the potential to part the Red Sea if given the chance...HITMAN

CY ST8T

Mar 23, 2006
Seriously I have 2 family members who can be decent about talking about the rivalry and not just pull out pure bias and actually admit when they are beat rather than making up 20 excuses. That I consider in my opinion to be a semi-decent hawk fan.

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
Plenty of Hawks would have loved to dump Alford and hired McDermott

I'd like to take a poll of Hawk fans who wished they'd ditched Alford sooner (they eventually will) and made a move on McDermott before we did. My guess is that it would be a big number. This only gets worse when we start 6-0 with a road win at Minnesota while they get blasted by Villanova and **** one away against a young ASU team. It gets even worse if we win at Carver Hawkeye in two 10 days, and the meltdown occurs if Chizik leads us to victory next fall. Which is altogether possible since the hawks have looked very mortal during this 5 game losing streak.

It sure would be nice for the statewide media to show some parity in covering ISU and iowa. Guys like Chizik, McDermott, Fennelly, and Cael Sanderson will make that happen. Include Pollard in that mix. BTW - if Keeler was smart he'd have spent more time covering ISU gymnastics under KJ Kindler. Now that was one fine coach, and a babe too.

PolkCityClone

Mar 24, 2006
Seriously I have 2 family members who can be decent about talking about the rivalry and not just pull out pure bias and actually admit when they are beat rather than making up 20 excuses. That I consider in my opinion to be a semi-decent hawk fan.

Take the easy way out and use relatives.:biggrin9gp:

mike4cy

Aug 4, 2006
Urbandale
My dad is usually pretty decent as well, but I don't include him in this because he is blood. Damn, growing up in NE IA sucked for ISU fans.