Hawkeye Reality Check time.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Dear Marty,

Greene running over a very bad Maine team, a horrible FIU team, a bad ISU team, and terrible Indiana and Wisconsin teams does not equal a trip to New York. Now if he runs over Penn State, Illinois and Minnesota then I'll eat my words.

I think this may be the year of the Big 12 qb who passes 400 yards a game. However, if Shon could raise his output to 200 yards a game and the Hawks win out, he has a chance.

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
We are a little better than average team at this point in the season, but anyone can plainly see that the Hawks are gaining momentum...regardless of the level of our competition.

Trying to diminish whatever little success the Hawks have had over the past couple of weeks won't make you feel any better about your team.

I agree. Until we win more than 1-5 games a year, I'm not saying s***.

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
I missed you, where have you been?

Watching the Hawks. After the ISU/Iowa game I get a little bored with this place. And with the season you guys are having, I don't think anyone here wanted to see me anyway.

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
Iowa could probably lose their last 3 out of 4 games and still go to the Champs, Alamo or Insight. Wisconsin, Michigan, Purdue and Indiana are not even in Bowl Conversation right now. That only leaves 7 teams left. They have 6 bowl games for the B10. If Penn State Wins out that will put them in the title game and OSU in the Big10 BCS.

If Texas and Bama are both undefeated, there's no way that PSU gets in ahead of them. However, the chances that UT and Bama both run the table probably aren't that good.

You could probably replace Texas with either Texas Tech or Okie State, because if either of them wins out, they would deserve to be in the NC game ahead of PSU.

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
Watching the Hawks. After the ISU/Iowa game I get a little bored with this place. And with the season you guys are having, I don't think anyone here wanted to see me anyway.

It does not matter what type of season ISU is having, this is always the case.

Reactions: dosry5

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Well the fact that he will be 24 by they start of next season also factors in to this because who really wants a 25 year old rookie RB? Anymore once RB get around age 30 they are banged up and on the decline and especially with the way he runs he's going to take a lot of hits.

Whatever happened to Hawk fans talking crap about how old Stinson is while playing in College. I guess when your running back is a junior and about to turn 25 you kind of shut up about that stuff.

Reactions: cyclonekj

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Whatever happened to Hawk fans talking crap about how old Stinson is while playing in College. I guess when your running back is a junior and about to turn 25 you kind of shut up about that stuff.

I think even some of our own fans talked crap about this and used this reasoning to defend his decision to turn pro. Although that didn't work out too hot for him anyways but seriously, people need to bury the hatchet on this topic and quit looking at this through cardinal and gold glasses as a Hawks vs Clones topic when it comes to Greene. Bottom line is he's a talented back who is having one of the best seasons at his position in the entire country right now. He's probably not going to be at Iowa next year so maybe you can take that bit and get your kicks out of it if you want I guess...