Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
It happens often in politics and religion. Why not sports?

Really? You're don't see any difference between politics/religion and sports? They are of equal seriousness? Arguing over college basketball versus arguing over political beliefs have the same severity in your mind? Is that what you are saying?

Tedcyclone

Oct 27, 2009
West Des Moines
Let me preface this with stating that I have Summit's permission to post this. For those of you that don't know, Summit is Larry Hamilton, Justin's dad. The following are Larry's thoughts he expressed during the season. It pretty well sums up why Justin left, and what is wrong with Greg's leadership. In the passage, Larry also foretells the mass player exodus as well. If Ham's dad knew this was coming, why didn't Greg? Why didn't Jamie? Things are seriously wrong in our program right now, and they start and end with Greg.

From Summit (Larry Hamilton)

I am sorry for teasing some of you with this a few weeks ago, but Larry wanted to wait until Justin had landed on his feet first at another school.

TO hams dad you sound like a wussy, and im guessing thats why your son left... cant handle heat... my coaches were never nice and we never lost... so suck it up... and LSU sucks... go clones... Ham is only good because of greg, and now i hope he sucks..

majorcyfan

Feb 18, 2007
Ok so what's the big deal?

Seriously I watch the football coaches scream their heads off at the football players and then next thing they are trying to be all buddy buddy joking around, so whats the difference. The difference is a player (Ham) who is mentally soft, can't take coaching and let's his parents interfere with his business.

Heck, I had Skladany throw clipboards at me on the sidelines numerous times at ISU, but I still think he is one of the best coaches I have ever had. I wasn't mentally soft and wouldn't go cry to mom and dad, I sucked it up and took the coaching he was giving.

I made a rule in high school that said if my parents ever made got involved with the politics of sports and made a butt of themselves at one of my sporting events they would NEVER come watch one again. I firmly believe more people should do this.

THIS ALL SOUNDS LIKE A CONVERSATION I HAD WITH the AD OF A HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL local area high school, talking about their biggest rival school, who has fallen on hard times in all sports. He pointed out that when parents get too involved, it winds up killing the schools programs, that the parents poison their kids minds with WHY ISN'T MY JOHNNY GETTING MORE PLAYING TIME, ETC.

I am not defending McDermott here, but fathers sticking their nose into their kids participation too much just winds up poisoning the sports program, which may be the case here with WJ brother, SUMMIT, and who knows who else. Just sayin

buckleyfan

Oct 28, 2009
colorado springs, co
TO hams dad you sound like a wussy, and im guessing thats why your son left... cant handle heat... my coaches were never nice and we never lost... so suck it up... and LSU sucks... go clones... Ham is only good because of greg, and now i hope he sucks..

it's one thing to be not nice and a hard coach, it's one thing to have double expectations depending on which player you are.

you cannot possibly respect a system if other people get free passes when you bust your ***. i don't think ham minded working hard and didn't mind having a tough coach, but what he got was an unfair coach.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
THIS ALL SOUNDS LIKE A CONVERSATION I HAD WITH the AD OF A HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL local area high school, talking about their biggest rival school, who has fallen on hard times in all sports. He pointed out that when parents get too involved, it winds up killing the schools programs, that the parents poison their kids minds with WHY ISN'T MY JOHNNY GETTING MORE PLAYING TIME, ETC.

I am not defending McDermott here, but fathers sticking their nose into their kids participation too much just winds up poisoning the sports program, which may be the case here with WJ brother, SUMMIT, and who knows who else. Just sayin

Do you honestly think that this doesn't happen at EVERY school in America? If 2-star recruit out of Utah's dad is involved, how do you think it goes at Kansas, North Carolina, Duke, ect. At those schools, "Why isn't my Johnny getting more playing time.." is "Why isn't my high school all-American getting more playing time". They seem to make it work...why can't we make it work with a couple kids whose parents may float around the program?

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
I understand how some are saying that Ham was "soft" but why are we having so much player turnover? This isn't just an isolated incident.

There is no reason we should be losing players every year... not just players, but STARTERS.

Basketball makes me sad. Hope things start looking up sooner rather than later...

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
You are posting as an "insider" with access to the guy who this is claimed to be responsible or at 'fault'. I would really like to know how he looks at the developments of the season, as well, as the 'post-season'. Does he realize things are falling apart? Does he realize that fans are exhausted? Is he taking specific action to repair the 'holes'?
kg I thought you we serious about answering the question? Maybe you missed this?

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Really? You're don't see any difference between politics/religion and sports? They are of equal seriousness? Arguing over college basketball versus arguing over political beliefs have the same severity in your mind? Is that what you are saying?

I think arguing over any of the three is pretty pointless and stupid. Sports are just about as important to me, in my life, than politics. I watch a lot more ESPN than I do CNN/Fox News.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I think arguing over any of the three is pretty pointless and stupid. Sports are just about as important to me, in my life, than politics. I watch a lot more ESPN than I do CNN/Fox News.

Ok, so then you agree with my original point that considering a fellow ISU fan an "enemy" because they don't see eye to eye with you regarding the MBB coach is over the top, because in your opinion, arguing over things like sports, religion, and politics is pointless and stupid.

TOR

Feb 13, 2010
Ok, so then you agree with my original point that considering a fellow ISU fan an "enemy" because they don't see eye to eye with you regarding the MBB coach is over the top, because in your opinion, arguing over things like sports, religion, and politics is pointless and stupid.

Dude, you are out of your element. The "know your enemy" was a bridge to the Rage Against the Machine evening he/someone was planning.:yes:

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA

the post you replied to was silly and you know it. "know thy enemy" is a common turn of phrase and it was quite obvious the poster did not mean to be aggressive or acrimonious. no need to pick fights in this thread when their gonna pop up on thier on quickly enough.

Reactions: tim_redd

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Dude, you are out of your element. The "know your enemy" was a bridge to the Rage Against the Machine evening he/someone was planning.:yes:

I know exactly what he was referencing. I just take exception to the term "enemy."

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

I would not say its over the top. Its human nature to argue your beliefs and opinions. While I think its stupid and pointless, it happens all the time; politics and religion are just two examples I gave.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
the post you replied to was silly and you know it. "know thy enemy" is a common turn of phrase and it was quite obvious the poster did not mean to be aggressive or acrimonious. no need to pick fights in this thread when their gonna pop up on thier on quickly enough.

who is picking a fight?

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

Unfortunately I have already swithced my mantra to "Voice of the Voiceless"...these elitist pigs better watch out!

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
If you actually knew that word, or how to spell it without a "$2 words for dummies" book, I'll eat your ****.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
and yes, I did just spell "acrimonious" correctly then mess up the word "their" - I'm crazy like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.