Go Get Terry Brands...

ericlambi

Mar 24, 2006
Question for those that follow college wrestling and coaches closer than I do...... if the 2.5 million for 5 years paid to Cael is true, what will this do to coaches' salaries in this sport around the country? I mean, is it going to cost ISU a lot more now to get a top coach? Is there a chance another school might try to steal Brands away from Iowa with a huge contract? Just wondering what the effect will be.

The value of a great wrestling coach is much higher at Iowa and Iowa State than any other university. There are very few athletic programs that have the resources to throw away money that doesn't need to be spent on a wrestling coach like PSU just did. Maybe Michigan, OU, and the two OSUs. That's not very many jobs in total. So I doubt it will cause wrestling coach wage inflation.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
hopefully whoever it is, our wrestlers say F cael and go out and win a national title. Hang the banner up with someone else taking the credit.

ajbjunior

Feb 4, 2007
Correct me if I'm wrong but Bono was the assistant for Douglas. Douglas's style of wrestling and success level left a lot to be desired. Just the fact they are connected turns me away from Bono. Yes Bono has a couple years of HC experience, but there are much better options out there. Bono can be the last resort if others say no...

cmhawks99

Nov 15, 2008
Bourbonnais, Il
The value of a great wrestling coach is much higher at Iowa and Iowa State than any other university. There are very few athletic programs that have the resources to throw away money that doesn't need to be spent on a wrestling coach like PSU just did. Maybe Michigan, OU, and the two OSUs. That's not very many jobs in total. So I doubt it will cause wrestling coach wage inflation.

That is quite true but I would wager if Iowa cared to, stressing thought it was necessary. They could get in a bidding war with most anyone. Their football program is quite profitable and athletic department as a whole is fairly liquid I believe.

Chad.