FYI - We're now on FS1 for the TCU Game! (Moved to FS1)

Klubber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Aurora, IL
Fox Sports 2 (FS2) --- the home of:

• Lots of horse racing
  • Illinois Volleyball
  • 2nd / 3rd tier auto races
  • Unpopular British premier league game replays
Kinda stinks that the Trice coverage won't be seen by hardly anyone.

ALSO - check your service to see if you even have it.
View attachment 117648
Streaming through the FOX Sports App, correct?

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I get it on Hulu. Now I have never watched anything on FS2 so I am sure its great.

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
to be fair, we never got "bumped". they just didn't select our game. we were never guaranteed to be on fox in the first place.

Mountain west has in their contract they must have a set number of games on FS1 hence why the Mountain West game was always set for FS1 and our game was either FOX or FS2 depending on post season baseball.

The way I understood it, baseball had to be on FS1 due to contract obligations that it must be on a cable channel to make it more fair for other games to be on TBS which is also a cable channel.

So it was TCU vs ISU or the Mountain West game to be on FOX or FS2. Fox decided they wanted the Mountain West game on FOX and ISU vs TCU on FS2. To me, that seems as if we were bumped to FS2 for a Mountain West game.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
The way I understood it, baseball had to be on FS1 due to contract obligations that it must be on a cable channel to make it more fair for other games to be on TBS which is also a cable channel.

So it was TCU vs ISU or the Mountain West game to be on FOX or FS2. Fox decided they wanted the Mountain West game on FOX and ISU vs TCU on FS2. To me, that seems as if we were bumped to FS2 for a Mountain West game.
we just weren’t selected for Fox. Saying “bumped” implies that we already had Fox locked up, in my opinion.

Either way we’re on FS2 and more people get that channel than ESPNU.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

I saw somewhere that Fox is contractually obligated to have a Mountain West game on Fox during the year. Since this involves a ranked team, it makes sense. They did a 6-day window just in case Fresno State wasn't ranked coming into this game, but as long as Fresno State was ranked, they were going with that game on Fox.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo

This is, more or less, correct. FOX can't move baseball off FS1 because of MLBs agreement with TBS.

FOX gave the Mountain West 3 games per year on Big FOX thinking that they'd get 3 Boise games every year when they were good and now they kind of have to scramble to full that obligation now that Boise has fallen off. Just bad luck for Iowa State that the best MW game of the year is in the same window.

However, like said above, FS2 is in more homes than ESPNU and only about 4M less homes than ESPN2. Plus, with the new basketball contract there are going to be lots of Big 12 and Big East basketball games on FS2 so might as well get used to having it in the rotation.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I have Spectrum cable which had a dust up with Disney the first two weeks of the season where none of the ESPN channels were available.

So I bought YTTV just in time for them to find a compromise and get ESPN and ESPN2 back up.

I was thinking I was paying that monthly fee just for ESPNU but not any more!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
My parents still do and if my mom has anything to do with it probably always will. She loves Cyclones.TV and all the damn replays.

My least favorite part of CyTV is the replays of losses including basketball.

Like, why?