Friday OT #2 - Wrap It Up

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
My 27 year old son who got Covid in November still can barely get out of bed for stretches of days. Really fatigued. He starts a new job in a few weeks, can’t really sleep through that.

I wonder when we will know the full extent of the health damage from the disease. Scares me.

Hope you feel better. Have seven family members who are through the first shot with no side effects and husband and a brother who have had both shots without side effects, so whenever I get one, I suppose odds are against me and I will be the one to get sick. Husband said coworkers were more likely to feel a bit ill after second shot than first.

I've heard second shots are the ones that hit people. Covid is odd in that some people, like your son, get hammered by it where others have no clue they have it. Wonder if genetics, exposure time, or if some had been exposed to something similar before and it built some immunities. Hope your son keeps improving.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
My 27 year old son who got Covid in November still can barely get out of bed for stretches of days. Really fatigued. He starts a new job in a few weeks, can’t really sleep through that.

I wonder when we will know the full extent of the health damage from the disease. Scares me.

Hope you feel better. Have seven family members who are through the first shot with no side effects and husband and a brother who have had both shots without side effects, so whenever I get one, I suppose odds are against me and I will be the one to get sick. Husband said coworkers were more likely to feel a bit ill after second shot than first.
Yes, second shot is the one affecting most people if you're going to be affected. Yesterday was basically a lost day. Today I feel basically normal. Headache and fever are gone. Still a wee bit lethargic but maybe it's just in my mind - making excuses to be lazy.

Entropy

Oct 27, 2008
Cedar Rapids, IA
Probably De Novo Barn. It's a beautiful venue.

The Iowa Driftless Area is awesome - really the entire area (Wisconsin and Minnesota parts too) is one of the most underrated locations for outdoor recreation in the country. And it has a killer beer scene. Decorah's the biggest town with the most cultural amenities (in far northeast Iowa that is), but there are some real gems scattered around the outlying smaller towns, and the country side is gorgeous. It's just different culturally from the rest of the state too - very similar to Wisconsin. I've always meant to just take the time to do a staycation, but feel like I generally get enough out of living here on the weekends.
It's the part of Iowa that reminds me of where I grew up in NW WI.
My spouse and I rented a cabin right next to the Yellow River Forest for our anniversary last month and it was wonderful to just walk in the woods and enjoy the bluffs.

Reactions: Angie

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I've heard second shots are the ones that hit people. Covid is odd in that some people, like your son, get hammered by it where others have no clue they have it. Wonder if genetics, exposure time, or if some had been exposed to something similar before and it built some immunities. Hope your son keeps improving.

I highly suspect exposure time. He was a groomsman in a wedding and bridesmaid was probably the source of the super spreader event. Spent most of two days in her immediate vicinity. Like me, he also has asthma.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I highly suspect exposure time. He was a groomsman in a wedding and bridesmaid was probably the source of the super spreader event. Spent most of two days in her immediate vicinity. Like me, he also has asthma.
It’s usually the woman’s fault, but is men generally get blamed. ;)

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
It’s usually the woman’s fault, but is men generally get blamed. ;)

Meh, he had declined to attend four different weddings during Covid but when asked to be a groomsman felt he had to go.

Called when home from wedding weekend and said if that didn’t give him Covid, nothing would.

Over four dozen people that they know of at the wedding got Covid. One guest died from it.

I was counting the days for the all clear. Bridesmaid told him she had Covid Monday after the Saturday wedding. All five groomsmen got Covid but not the groom. I thought if he made it 14, we were good. Got sick on Day 13.