Freestyle World Team Trial Results

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Not the best results for ISU affiliated alumni and wrestlers but not terrible. Harrington is the only current ISU guy and was up something like 8-1 when he got pinned, he came back for 3rd.

Junior Worlds:
Marcus Harrington (@Mr_88th)takes 3rd place in the 96kg challenge tournament. Lost by pin to Ben Harris, Beat Chip Ness 11-9, and then won with a 15-4 tech fall over Joseph Ariola in the 3rd place match.

Before continuing, I'd like to take a second to point out he had his way with Ariola.

World Team Trials:
CWC member and ISU assistant coach Angel Escobedo (@Driven2dominate)took second in the 57kg challenge tournament. He beat Tyler Graff (former Wisconsin) 9-7 and then took out Nick Simmons (former Michigan State) 4-1 before falling 11-8 to Joey Colon (former UNI).

CWC member Deron Winn (@Action _Winn)lost 7-3 to Jon Reader (former Iowa State) and then pinned Phil Keddy (former Iowa) before falling 12-3 to Chris Perry (former Oklahoma State) in the consolation semifinals.

Here's some pics from the CWC (@CWC4ISU) of Winn pinning Keddy.

wuYFvbH.png

kXLj6R0.jpg

Alum Jon Reader beat Deron Winn 7-3 and then lost 24-18 to Ed Ruth (former Penn State) in the semifinals before falling 11-3 to Clayton Foster (former Oklahoma State) in the consolations.

As far as I know know ISU alum or affiliated wrestlers were in the women's brackets. I don't think we had anybody in Greco either.

Since I'm sharing twitters I'll point out that I post ISU wrestling stuff @GrappleCy

Tomorrow Alumni Jake Varner and David Zabriskie will meet in the first round of the 96kg challenge tournament.

Last edited:

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Damn, Snyder ended up taking out Varner last night. Guess that win a couple months ago wasn't a fluke.