Fran McCaffery and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Transfer Portal

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA

cyclone82

Sep 22, 2022
Now that we've retained the key components I'm sure the additions will come rolling in
lol…. Another delusional sukeye fluff piece. Freeman is the only legitimate P5 player in that group….. yet they fought off suitors for Dix and sandlot…. Please !

Reactions: exCYtable

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Oh I know there's not money in WBB. I'm not trying to argue that. My point is that as a fan I would rather have them put money in a program that is a lot more likely to be successful. With the crazy TV money they can afford to lose a few million on the women's program. The men's team isn't getting 4 and 5 star recruits/high level transfers no matter what happens.

Yeah you might as well put mbb in chryo-sleep until they have the courage to fire Fran.

Any nil would get you further in wrestling and wbb, and very obviously football.

If they ever roll the dice on getting an above average coach mid 21st century then try to build it.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Funny how hawk fans and media quickly forgot that they blamed bad Iowa MBB attendance not for on court performance but that Iowa City is further from Des Moines. Then CC comes around and Iowa is selling out every home women's game. Iowa fans are fair weather fans at a very minimum. CC was the flash in the pan that had the fans come to Iowa WBB games, there will be residual demand next year but that spike will fall off in the coming 2-3 seasons and they will be back to similar crowds pre-Clark.

Pretty sure CR/IC and Iowa side of quad cities is comparable population to dm anyway. It’s not like Hilton is in central Des Moines.

Growing up in western Iowa it’s pretty obvious the eastern side of the state is more populated, even the small towns are more numerous and closer together. The two programs (ISU/Iowa) are on level playing field for geography compared to a lot of states, Washington is the extreme opposite example and the main reason wsu got relegated.

Being close to Chicago helps their fb attendance. I would meet family at Kinnick for games all the time when I lived in Chicago, easy road trip.

Reactions: clonehome

cyclone82

Sep 22, 2022
Yeah you might as well put mbb in chryo-sleep until they have the courage to fire Fran.

Any nil would get you further in wrestling and wbb, and very obviously football.

If they ever roll the dice on getting an above average coach mid 21st century then try to build it.
WBB at sukeyeville is not a profit generator, maybe, maybe this year they were close…. But those “sellouts” were with very drastically reduced ticket prices.
They will quickly return to irrelevant status next season, coming off 2 straight championship game appearances and they are not even ranked in the early pre rankings, not much momentum there with out the wicked witch .

• Creative
Reactions: cyputz

exCyDing

Nov 29, 2017
According to the writer:

Winning = "it could have been so much worse"
Hey, the retained a good portion of the core players that went 19-15 and made it to the second round in a post-season tournament!

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Swiiiiiing and a miss. Fran going to be in scramble mode with two open scholarships + Mulvey and Brauns still rostered.

Twitter rumor that Cross actually silently committed to TCU on his visit but his agent talked him into visiting SMU with a larger NIL package and committing there.
EIU fans can't even console themselves by claiming Fran finishing 2nd again. Rough.

Reactions: Jdk

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
They’ve already moved on to another swing and a miss.

How does this kid from UCLA garner so much attention? They won what, 10 games? Maybe 12? So they weren't good and that tells you they aren't getting good coaching and development. The Portal has coaches fighting over hopes and prayers. What a world!

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
This is classic reading on pages 7 and 8. Franisdaman is a weird dude and even the mods called him out. Typical hawkhomer thinks he is right all the time, but the 54,000+ posts being online 24/7 is called "obsessed".

Franisdaman is annoying AF and needs to get out of his mom's basement. Every time I go to that site the front page is 75 percent his threads he started.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
How does this kid from UCLA garner so much attention? They won what, 10 games? Maybe 12? So they weren't good and that tells you they aren't getting good coaching and development. The Portal has coaches fighting over hopes and prayers. What a world!
That will change big time if he joins EIU....right?

Does check a lot of boxes....

1714839341920.png

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron