Fran McCaffery and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Transfer Portal

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Had a hawkeye fan fill me in on some insight tonight. The reason Iowa doesn’t do well in the portal is Barta won’t let them do NIL deals. Doesn’t want to spend the money (boosters pay, the U doesn’t but that is his story).

Also, as long as they make the tourney it’s good. Unless you make final four the other games are meaningless.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Also, as long as they make the tourney it’s good. Unless you make final four the other games are meaningless.

There is a real Ricky Bobby "if you ain't first, you're last" mentality about the NCAA tournament for some of their fans which is a hilarious level of cope.

Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
There is a real Ricky Bobby "if you ain't first, you're last" mentality about the NCAA tournament for some of their fans which is a hilarious level of cope.
He then asked about our baseball. So I mentioned that the ISU baseball team is more successful since they made the World Series and Iowa hasn’t. He didn’t believe ISU had. He is a HS coach known for running up scores on bad teams.

He also believed Kirk and Brian did nothing wrong and Doyle should not have been fired since everything is made up for the most part.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Had a hawkeye fan fill me in on some insight tonight. The reason Iowa doesn’t do well in the portal is Barta won’t let them do NIL deals. Doesn’t want to spend the money (boosters pay, the U doesn’t but that is his story).

Except, this doesn't explain the previous 10+ years prior to the NIL deal...Fran has a long history of sucking in the transfer world. He depends on getting the 4 year kids that he can "shape" into the team that they are...transfers require flexibility and change.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
He then asked about our baseball. So I mentioned that the ISU baseball team is more successful since they made the World Series and Iowa hasn’t. He didn’t believe ISU had. He is a HS coach known for running up scores on bad teams.

He also believed Kirk and Brian did nothing wrong and Doyle should not have been fired since everything is made up for the most part.
All that sounds correct.

Reactions: BCClone

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014

Barta must have Falbos blackballed from campus.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

Iowa fans bringing up baseball may be one of the dumbest rival arguments.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
It would be fine if any of them really cared about baseball and if their baseball team was actually good.
That, and if us losing our baseball team happened recently. It's been over 20 years since that happened but I guess living in the past is right on par with their fanbase.

Reactions: heitclone

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Fran has made more hay with legacies and his own kids than any coach in history. He's hardly had to recruit at all. But, he's won a lot of games doing that.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron