For Sale - 5 tickets together - UNI game

SCTPBC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 26, 2012
SOLD

Section 2, Row 23, Seats 12-16
$300 for the 5
Great seats with fun season ticket holders around you!

Last edited:

Cyclone11

Aug 29, 2016
Section 2, Row 23, Seats 12-16
$300 for the 5
Great seats with fun season ticket holders around you!
Do you have any Iowa vs State tickets too? I want 3 for that game if you have them, thank you.

GT25Ump

Oct 24, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
Did they move section 2? $60 per seat? NOT great seats, but you're in the stadium , you're not in the upper bowl (which honestly, the majority of the upper bowl is still better than section 2) and you have a decent look at the players entering the stadium (what how much is that worth to a person, for that 30 second experience?).

I'm only looking for three seats and IF you happen to drop down to a more realisic $30 per seat, I'd be happy to take those off of your hands!

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Did they move section 2? $60 per seat? NOT great seats, but you're in the stadium , you're not in the upper bowl (which honestly, the majority of the upper bowl is still better than section 2) and you have a decent look at the players entering the stadium (what how much is that worth to a person, for that 30 second experience?).

I'm only looking for three seats and IF you happen to drop down to a more realisic $30 per seat, I'd be happy to take those off of your hands!

It's a lot of money, but not that high. I had the same initial reaction as you, but $60 a seat isn't that bad. $30 a seat is a steal.

GT25Ump

Oct 24, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
Uh, I'm not a troll. I'm an ISU fan on an ISU message board. If someone wants face value for tickets (where they're not trying to make a profit, just want their money back) that's totally fair. But, in my opinion, if you're trying to make a profit on your tickets, go to stub hub, go somewhere outside of CycloneFanatic, where we are a brotherhood, a fraternity. Where we want to make sure that the more Cyclone fans that are in the seats, the better. If profit is your top priority, I'm going to happily point out that that's what you're trying to do, whether you are successful or not. You deserve some sort of ridicule, IMO.

SCTPBC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 26, 2012
Thanks for being the moral compass of the CycloneFanatic message boards GT25Ump.
While you're extremely busy pointing out how out of line so many of us are on our asking price for OUR tickets, I'll be happy to point out these few items:
1 - Most people expect some sort of negotiating when selling items so tend to set an asking price higher than expected final sale price
2 - We've been season ticket holders for over 10 years and have a pretty good handle of what our tickets are worth and the quality level of our seats
3 - As season ticket holders we are also required to be donors on top of the season ticket price, so while you may think some are out of line, you don't know the amount that any individual has invested.
In the end, most people will determine what attending the game is worth to them, regardless of the face value...sometimes it's more and sometimes it's less. We've sold them all ways (profit/loss/break even) and feel no shame in that so your attempt at "ridicule" (your word) on this particular thread is useless.

cybychoice

Jun 27, 2014
Ankeny
Uh, I'm not a troll. I'm an ISU fan on an ISU message board. If someone wants face value for tickets (where they're not trying to make a profit, just want their money back) that's totally fair. But, in my opinion, if you're trying to make a profit on your tickets, go to stub hub, go somewhere outside of CycloneFanatic, where we are a brotherhood, a fraternity. Where we want to make sure that the more Cyclone fans that are in the seats, the better. If profit is your top priority, I'm going to happily point out that that's what you're trying to do, whether you are successful or not. You deserve some sort of ridicule, IMO.

The beauty of it is the individual can sell the tickets for however much they would like. Someone asking 60$ a ticket for the UNI game while a little high isn't ridiculous. Your offer of half of asking price is however a little ridiculous. There isn't much of a profit to be made anywhere on the ticket sales sites do to fees. The great thing about trying to sell on CF is that the tickets will likely go to a cyclone fan, which there is no guarantee who gets them on stub hub. More than likely someone over pricing tickets for the 1 home game of the year that is likely to sell out is just trying to make their money back plus the extra "fee" that gets tacked on to season ticket sales.

• Agree
Reactions: SCTPBC

dmdom

Oct 28, 2014
IMG_20160829_28791.jpg What donor level is Sec 2?
I don't care what you sell them for, but using the donor contrib as a reason doesn't seem right.

Attachments

• IMG_20160829_9410.jpg
    IMG_20160829_9410.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 11

cybychoice

Jun 27, 2014
Ankeny
There isn't a required donation for that section you are right, but there is a "fee" attached to those season tickets.

SCTPBC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 26, 2012
View attachment 43885 What donor level is Sec 2?
I don't care what you sell them for, but using the donor contrib as a reason doesn't seem right.
View attachment 43885 What donor level is Sec 2?

I apologize, after checking with my husband, you're right - our donor requirement is tied to our parking. I know what we pay each year in total to ISU (tickets, fees, parking) and that obviously becomes ONE factor in our asking price if we have to sell a game.

Holy smokes, I'm totally blown away by this thread. If I'm looking for tickets and see prices that seem out of line, I just keep scrolling...those people will figure it out themselves. A few of our fellow Cyclone fans should consider this approach.

Reactions: LindenCy

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I apologize, after checking with my husband, you're right - our donor requirement is tied to our parking. I know what we pay each year in total to ISU (tickets, fees, parking) and that obviously becomes ONE factor in our asking price if we have to sell a game.

Holy smokes, I'm totally blown away by this thread. If I'm looking for tickets and see prices that seem out of line, I just keep scrolling...those people will figure it out themselves. A few of our fellow Cyclone fans should consider this approach.

Think about it this way. The nay-sayers are keeping your thread on the front page!

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA
I put an offer out for these tickets and the owner was more than willing to work with me on them. I appreciate their honesty. As mentioned above if you don't like the price move on! I did not buy them because the people I am buying them for are cheap.

Reactions: SCTPBC

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX

Hey, if you do find some for $30 please let me know. I'll take those off your hands for $15 apiece. Cash.

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay

So you spend the first entire paragraph talking about how horrible these seats are but you are more than Happy to buy them? You don't sound like much of an ISU fan to me.