Football Schedule

BugDoc

Feb 6, 2007
Corvallis, OR
There has been much bantering about lately about our upcoming schedule and the projected number of wins. Living in Corvallis, I have adopted the Beavers as my college team of choice to follow alongside the Cyclones. Except for at the MBB game a couple of weeks back!!! If you want to see a team that is not afraid to schedule opponents, check their schedule for next year!!:eek: I can understand why teams schedule patsies to pad the win column, but I love the fact that the Beavers play a great schedule. They went to Baton Rouge a couple of years back and if not for a string of missed FG's (we all know how that feels!!) would have beaten the Tigers.

Football - Schedule & Results - OSUBeavers.com—Official Web Site of Oregon State University Athletics

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
There has been much bantering about lately about our upcoming schedule and the projected number of wins. Living in Corvallis, I have adopted the Beavers as my college team of choice to follow alongside the Cyclones. Except for at the MBB game a couple of weeks back!!! If you want to see a team that is not afraid to schedule opponents, check their schedule for next year!!:eek: I can understand why teams schedule patsies to pad the win column, but I love the fact that the Beavers play a great schedule. They went to Baton Rouge a couple of years back and if not for a string of missed FG's (we all know how that feels!!) would have beaten the Tigers.

Football - Schedule & Results - OSUBeavers.com—Official Web Site of Oregon State University Athletics

I remember that game. Didn't their PK miss like 3 PAT's, including one in regulation that would have given OSU the win and one in OT that would have tied the game? And that was after the offense scored on like 4th-and-forever for the touchdown they needed. Didn't that guy get death threats after that?

Splendid

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines
Penn State, Utah and Hawaii on top of a rugged Pac 10 schedule looks like a tough one to me, I see the Pac 10 plays 9 conference teams where we play 8. Other than Penn State, a pretty regional schedule too. ISU goes regional playing mostly MAC teams that give us more than we want, wish we could play an Oregon State once in a while to spiff up the schedule (go STATE schools).

Cypwr

Mar 18, 2006
Ameskeny
If you want to see a team that is not afraid to schedule opponents, check their schedule for next year!!

@Penn State
vs Hawai'i
@ Utah

Not sure I would call that murders row for a team of OSU's caliber but a nice schedule with some road games. I do like the fact that the Pac-10 is now playing all 9 teams in the conference since the NCAA has gone to a 12 game schedule. The Pac-10 will now have a true champion unlike the big 10.

BugDoc

Feb 6, 2007
Corvallis, OR
I remember that game. Didn't their PK miss like 3 PAT's, including one in regulation that would have given OSU the win and one in OT that would have tied the game? And that was after the offense scored on like 4th-and-forever for the touchdown they needed. Didn't that guy get death threats after that?

I think he kept a pretty low profile after that game, but from that game on he has been money for the most part. Won the award a year or two ago for the best kicker in the nation. He has won the Beavs a TON of games since then. He graduates this year and will be a big loss for the Beavs.

BugDoc

Feb 6, 2007
Corvallis, OR
@Penn State
vs Hawai'i
@ Utah

Not sure I would call that murders row for a team of OSU's caliber but a nice schedule with some road games. I do like the fact that the Pac-10 is now playing all 9 teams in the conference since the NCAA has gone to a 12 game schedule. The Pac-10 will now have a true champion unlike the big 10.

At Happy Valley is NO picnic and they went 8-4 this year.
Only unbeaten team in the nation this year.
A road game against a quality opponent. 8-4 and is in a bowl game this year.

It may not be murders row, but is not the type of schedule that most teams in the country will play.

BugDoc

Feb 6, 2007
Corvallis, OR
Penn State, Utah and Hawaii on top of a rugged Pac 10 schedule looks like a tough one to me, I see the Pac 10 plays 9 conference teams where we play 8. Other than Penn State, a pretty regional schedule too. ISU goes regional playing mostly MAC teams that give us more than we want, wish we could play an Oregon State once in a while to spiff up the schedule (go STATE schools).

I think a home and home with the Beavs would be GREAT!! They are an up and coming program. They are probably a year or two ahead of the curve as far as their program goes compared to us, but each team would be a quality opponent for the other.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I think that is very tough. They'll be lucky to get 2 of the 4 non conference games.

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
I am excited for some of the teams ISU plays in the coming years. Utah, as mentioned is a good team. Army, might not be that good but I think it would be fun to see them play in person. Air Force and Tulsa, not super teams but decent in their own rights. I would rather play these teams then Kent St and Toledo.

I also wish we could get some games against other BCS schools, like OSU or South Carolina type of teams. It would be a nice change from N. Illinois, UNLV type of teams. I guess we have UCONN, we will see if they can keep up what they started this year.

mjlane

Apr 21, 2006

Yeah, OSU scored 3 TD's (1 in OT) and Serna missed all 3 PAT's. He did make a 40-yard FG. LSU was down 15-7 and scored with 1 minute left, then converted a 2-pt attempt to tie. If Serna makes either of the first 2 misses, OSU wins.

And we thought Culbertson has gotten beaten up over the years, imagine the abuse that Serna took after that game. Nice to see that he responded well over the years.

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
Yeah, OSU scored 3 TD's (1 in OT) and Serna missed all 3 PAT's. He did make a 40-yard FG. LSU was down 15-7 and scored with 1 minute left, then converted a 2-pt attempt to tie. If Serna makes either of the first 2 misses, OSU wins.

I am pretty sure that was his first game as a freshman. Kinda funny how he did so bad in his first game. Had an amazing career, then did fairly bad in his last game (not counting bowl game). At least they won the last game though, and like was mentioned I am sure he did enough to make up for that first bad game.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron