Football Facility and Gameday Plaza Renderings

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
This is going to make getting in and out of the west side even harder.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
The NW entrance to the stadium will be closed this fall. The NE, E, S and W entrances will remain open. The NW entrance being closed is really going to suck after games.
That West side entrance going to be crammed I would think. Wonder if they could add some entry/exit points in that area?

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
That West side entrance going to be crammed I would think. Wonder if they could add some entry/exit points in that area?

I was just there today - It looks like they changed the barricades and fence since 2 weeks ago. It looks like the NW entrance might be open for now but who knows where the project will be at once fall gets here.

Last edited:

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Can anybody tell me what they are currently doing? Leveling the ground to get the footings set?

I’ve been sitting at work watching some dude spread gravel with a skid loader for the last 15 mins. Oddly satisfying.
https://www.fpm.iastate.edu/webcam/stadium/
That's the base layer before they poor the foundation. Footings are probably done if they are at that point.

• Informative
Reactions: cyclonedave25

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
I’ve been sitting at work watching some dude spread gravel with a skid loader for the last 15 mins. Oddly satisfying.

giphy.gif

scottie33

Nov 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa
Can anybody tell me what they are currently doing? Leveling the ground to get the footings set?

https://www.fpm.iastate.edu/webcam/stadium/

Might be doing site utilities as it looks like there is water and storm piping staged on the South side of the parking lot...Might be using the rock as a backfill after the piping is installed??

• Informative
Reactions: cyclonedave25

norsemen

Apr 13, 2006
Pace has picked up over the past couple weeks.

It seemed the foundational work took forever. Of course our fall monsoonal season did not help.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Let's all hope that the bottleneck that was the entry at the north end will not be an issue this fall. And in two years the simpletons in the hok band will be able to walk out to their bus without getting molested.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Pace has picked up over the past couple weeks.

It seemed the foundational work took forever. Of course our fall monsoonal season did not help.

Yeah, things seem to be moving pretty quickly now, despite the weather. I think that we're going to see the structure up by the end of the summer and probably enclosed by the time the first game hits, or at least by October. Looking at the floor plans:

https://www.iowaregents.edu/media/cms/1118_PF5__ISU_Register_6512BA850B304.pdf

The part the juts out to the SW is batting cages. Right now, they are working on the ground level floor. The two concrete "cubes" on either side of what looks to be the main entrance on the east I would guess are elevator shafts. Pretty much everything to the west of the beams going N/S is going to be the new locker room/lounge.