Field logo

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
This is what my idea was for the football field. I already emailed it to Jaime Pollard.

That looks good, with two critiques:

1. I believe the I-State logo has to be contained within the 40 yard lines (I've never seen any logo on any football field stretch past either 40 yard line)

2. I think the yardline numbering should be done in the new "Cyclone" font.

Otherwise, it looks really good :yes:

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
I wonder what it would look like with the traditional old Walking Cy instead of the whirlybird Cy. The I- State looks awesome in the middle.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
As JP said, Cy is a mascot and not a logo.

Absolutely true. The fact he is being retained as a logo is to transition and not change everything all at once and to appease a small percentage of the fan base that feels he needs to be more than the mascot. They would prefer to try to explain the tazmanian cy logo to everyone else in the country rather than dumb it down to simplicity which is ALWAYS better in logos.

hort4cy

Jun 29, 2006
Randalia, IA
I like the football field with the small swirly Cys.

But you will need to make room for the big Monsanto logo that is coming next season. :wink:

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
That's always kind of what I figured when the were talking about the percentages of paint colors used. Which I always thought was a pretty ridiculous stat to use, because they were trying to spin it like 42% (or whatever it was) or the logo was actually blue - not even close to correct.

This article
from the DM Reg talked about the blue paint. All about the dark colors being hard on the grass...