Ferentz's Emphasis on the ISU Game

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
This entitled mindset is a major part of what's wrong with our world today. There are far too many young poeple that think if they don't attend a 4 year university they're stupid and "uneducated". Would you rather have a high paying tech job or have a degree in art, business, music, or squirrel science? I understand there are some solid career options in the aforementioned fields but I personally know many peers that went down those paths only to find themselves working a career that had nothing to do with art, music, business, or squirrels. There is not and should not be one path for everyone.

The funny thing is many of these, "well educated" individuals are the first generations to grow up in the anti bullying era of schools. When did it become okay to belittle someones profession/lively hood?

I don't know. I for one greatly appreciate the electricians, plumbers, HVAC, medical persons, construction, auto tech persons, etc (among many others) that go through the tech schools. For many now people start there and transfer credits from those schools into 4 year schools too. I agree lots of basically worthless 4 year degrees out there in the world and by that I mean ones that really don't pay for themselves over time.

• Agree
Reactions: JoshTheCyclone

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
And every school in the B1G West and ISU has gotten a new coach besides NW within the last, what 3 years? That kind of explains a decent amount of those W's.

Yet Iowa just keeps humming along with Ferentz.

• Funny
Reactions: Rural

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Yet Iowa just keeps humming along with Ferentz.
Yes Iowa is a 7 to 8 win a year team under him. If that's what fans are OK with, good.

The name Kirk 2.0 doesn't get established because of "humming along" in my opinion.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Why do you hope that? Your coach refuses to take the game as serious as Ferentz does.

6289568_bf08b2ed1fe84ae7b8373a89a66f5d9f.jpg