Ferentz's Emphasis on the ISU Game

benjimill

Apr 8, 2018
Way to deflect and move the goalposts.

In all seriousness, FBS attendance has dropped significantly in the last decade, and has dropped several consecutive years. Iowa is not immune to this, and I am sure that played a big part in the decision. If attendance rebounds and starts to go back up, Iowa can still easily fill in the corners of the other endzone and get back above 70,000.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
In all seriousness, FBS attendance has dropped significantly in the last decade, and has dropped several consecutive years. Iowa is not immune to this, and I am sure that played a big part in the decision. If attendance rebounds and starts to go back up, Iowa can still easily fill in the corners of the other endzone and get back above 70,000.
Iowa's attendance dipped because of the coach.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

It hasn’t dropped at all stadiums. And truthfully, sometimes those corners are more expensive to try to create seats in than a minor redesign.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
So why did they shrink the stadium if the fanbase grew?
From a Hawk Central article in 2015:

The UI enters the 2015 season with the stated goal is to finish in the top 25 in national attendance (it was 22nd last year) and to see growth in ticket sales, even if that means going the more difficult single-game route.

"We know that it means winning games. We know that it means a fun tailgating environment. And we're focused on that," Barta said. "I've seen it at Iowa, and I've seen it other places. It's doable. It's an attainable goal. And we're not going to rest until we get there."

I guess Barta has decided it's time to rest.

benjimill

Apr 8, 2018
From a Hawk Central article in 2015:

The UI enters the 2015 season with the stated goal is to finish in the top 25 in national attendance (it was 22nd last year) and to see growth in ticket sales, even if that means going the more difficult single-game route.

"We know that it means winning games. We know that it means a fun tailgating environment. And we're focused on that," Barta said. "I've seen it at Iowa, and I've seen it other places. It's doable. It's an attainable goal. And we're not going to rest until we get there."

I guess Barta has decided it's time to rest.

Do you ever stop trolling? You’re just as bad as Twins is. You wonder why this forum is hot garbage, it is because it is literally impossible to have an actual conversation without you and Twins trolling like morons. Downsizing the stadium by 1,300 seats is going to have literally zero effect on whether Iowa finishes in the Top 25 for attendance.

• Agree
  • Dislike
Reactions: breck53 and Rural

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Do you ever stop trolling? You’re just as bad as Twins is. You wonder why this forum is hot garbage, it is because it is literally impossible to have an actual conversation without you and Twins trolling like morons. Downsizing the stadium by 1,300 seats is going to have literally zero effect on whether Iowa finishes in the Top 25 for attendance.

Quoting a Hawk Central article is now trolling?

And coming from you that's hilarious. You are afraid to say your old user names for a reason, and it's not because you gave good takes.

• Agree
Reactions: Rural and CyTwins

Derpycy

Jun 27, 2018
Quoting a Hawk Central article is now trolling?

And coming from you that's hilarious. You are afraid to say your old user names for a reason, and it's not because you gave good takes.

Good thing Iowa’s attendance has dropped we don’t want the revenue gap between Iowa and iSu to get any bigger.

• Creative
Reactions: TheJackWePack5

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Good thing Iowa’s attendance has dropped we don’t want the revenue gap between Iowa and iSu to get any bigger.

Iowa makes money because of the conference their in. They bring nothing of value to the big 10 that increases that dollar amount.

Quit being a piece of **** that embarrasses your children to the point they don’t have anything to do with you. Quit embarrassing your parents because they’re tired of having to take care of you because of your mental illness.

Get some ******* help.

• Funny
  • Agree
Reactions: Rural and CyCrazy