Favorite Country Radio Station branding...

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
Lots of names out there, Country Bull, K Country Q97 etc. What is your favorite country radio station branding?

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Don't know about favorite, but I've had it up to my eyeballs with Nash Icon (formerly KJJY) producing songs and interrupting the final notes with a voice-over by the artist, saying "Hi, I'm xxx, and you just heard my NEW song, yyy, on NASH ICON!" Reba & Ronny Dunn so far. Grrrrr...crappy way to "brand" your artists.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
When I lived in Iowa it was KUNI (NPR affiliate) but they're the only ones I considered to be playing country music periodically.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
Don't know about favorite, but I've had it up to my eyeballs with Nash Icon (formerly KJJY) producing songs and interrupting the final notes with a voice-over by the artist, saying "Hi, I'm xxx, and you just heard my NEW song, yyy, on NASH ICON!" Reba & Ronny Dunn so far. Grrrrr...crappy way to "brand" your artists.

The new Nash stuff is awful. I actually like the actual programming but their branding is horrendous. First off I don't like that they rebranded at all. 97.3 had excellent branding with The Hawk. 92.5 didn't really have anything specific but was pretty decent. I don't understand the whole national brand. If you want that use XM radio or something. Second could you brand it any uglier and more out of touch with country music. There's a reason most country stations logos are red white and blue. It fits the demographic. Then your logos are what boxes. They would about as boring and I exciting as they could.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
The new Nash stuff is awful. I actually like the actual programming but their branding is horrendous. First off I don't like that they rebranded at all. 97.3 had excellent branding with The Hawk. 92.5 didn't really have anything specific but was pretty decent. I don't understand the whole national brand. If you want that use XM radio or something. Second could you brand it any uglier and more out of touch with country music. There's a reason most country stations logos are red white and blue. It fits the demographic. Then your logos are what boxes. They would about as boring and I exciting as they could.

KJJY was an icon in the state. It was stupid of them to rebrand that. That ownership group also has ruined KGGO and pretty much fired the morning crew there so they don't really can about what has worked in the past.

IlliniCy

May 21, 2008
The Beaver in Clarksville, TN. Even got Faith Hill to cut a sweeper...."I'm Faith Hill, and I love my Beaver!"

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I figured this thread would be devoted 99% to KSUX Super Pig. Are there no Sioux City people here?

I generally hate country music but still love that my home town somehow spawned a radio station called KSUX Super Pig.

KSUX Super Pig. Just say it.