Exira, IA girls basketball player BF is recruiting

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
According to the article, her sister is on the ISU track and field team. Her cyclones.com bio: Britta Christofferson

I wonder what kind of player she is. It's hard to be a finesse center in the Big 12 anymore, but maybe she projects to be more of a PF.

It's hard to tell how good someone is when they dominate inferior competition, but if BF offered her a scholarship she's obviously good. :)

Last edited:

wesley_w

Oct 23, 2006
Here is her sister in the weight throw last weekend.

BrittaChristofferson%20_0166_750x1000.jpg

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
A few things I found doing some googling:

1. She does occasionally take three-pointers, although she's not a great shooter from behind the arc (yet :smile: )

2. She doesn't play AAU ball

3. She plans to stay in-state (says one message board person who didn't quote a source, so take it with a grain of salt)

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Stats so far this season:
(all rankings are across all Iowa HS classes)

26.9 ppg (#1)
12.6 rpg (#7 -- two people ahead of her are ISU signee Chelsea Poppens and Linn-Mar super-soph Kiah Stokes)
55 blocks in 18 games (#18 -- behind both Poppens and Stokes)
82 steals in 18 games (#13 -- behind Poppens)
26 assists in 18 games (only 32 turnovers)
66% FG (can't tell where that ranks)
76% FT (can't tell where that ranks, either)
1-13 on threes
Only 30 fouls in 18 games

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
More message board quotes from IowaPreps.com:

IowaPreps.com - Message Boards
Hallie Christofferson is 6'3". You might be able to get away with saying she's 6'4" with basketball shoes on, but she's 6'3". She is such a great player because she doesn't just rely on her height. She has so many moves down low, she can shoot the jumper and the three, and I've even seen her bring the ball up the court a few times.
----------------------------
A cross between Wendy Ausdemore and Nikki Wieben. Better suited to play the 4 or 5 spot in college at this time. I suspect she improves the midrange game in the next year or so. Along with added strength in the weight room, she projects to be the best player in Iowa next season. As far as height goes, she is closer to 6'4". My argument is they play in shoes why not measure in shoes and list that height in the program . Bottom line is she good now and barring injury, will only get better.
That's a good point about the shoes. Hallie is actually much stronger than she looks and for what people give her credit for. She works in the weight room year round and has more dedication and motivation than almost any high school athlete I have ever seen or met.
I was measured 6'5 with shoes and she's just about as tall as me. Maybe an inch less.

stretchclone

Jan 1, 2008
SW Iowa
alright, I have to chime in. We played Exira last year when she was a sophomore in the post season. She is 6'3" atleast, and she is very mobile and very athletic! More athletic than Weiben I think. I think she is better than Weiben at the same age from watching Ankeny at the state tourny. She was pretty skinny last year, but we saw her at a scrimmage this summer and in November. She looks stronger and better. Let me tell ya, for a girl being that tall, she is quick, coordinated, and very athletic. I hope BF can get her!!!!

LikeACyclone

May 20, 2008
Atlantic, IA
I have to agree with all of the assesments of Hallie on here so far. I have watched her play a handful of times this season and she definitely is a great player and only getting better. She has some great footwork down low and is a pretty good all around shooter, also handles the ball fairly well for a bigger body.

The only drawback you could really see with her last year was possibly that she needed to improve her strength a little but its not for a lack of tenacity. You can tell she has improved her strength this year though.

She is an excellent player and a very nice and humble person. She would be a great addition to Iowa State University.

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...
Maybe Big Ham can teach her the PB & J diet! She could stand to gain about 20 lbs of muscle. I have heard from people that have seen her that she is a great talent. This isn't a shot at her, but 1A girls Bball is not what you would call talented, she really doesn't see a lot of talent, and its too bad she doesn't play AAU ball to gain experience. I guess in my opinion I would wait a little on her, but I guess if Fennelly sees something in her I'm not going to second guess him.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
This isn't a shot at her, but 1A girls Bball is not what you would call talented, she really doesn't see a lot of talent, and its too bad she doesn't play AAU ball to gain experience.
cough Kelsey Bolte cough (I think BC-IG might be 2A but there isn't much difference)

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
BC-IG is 2A. So is Cascade, and Ashley Arlen's turned out well so far. However, the average 1A/2A team is not going to be near the average 4A team, and Christofferson has probably faced a whole bunch of 5'10" competition. That doesn't mean she isn't good, but it means you have to look past the stats to determine how good she really is. BF has done that and offered her a scholarship, and that tells me more about how good she is than her 27 ppg in a 1A schedule. :)

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
BC-IG is 2A. So is Cascade, and Ashley Arlen's turned out well so far. However, the average 1A/2A team is not going to be near the average 4A team, and Christofferson has probably faced a whole bunch of 5'10" competition. That doesn't mean she isn't good, but it means you have to look past the stats to determine how good she really is. BF has done that and offered her a scholarship, and that tells me more about how good she is than her 27 ppg in a 1A schedule. :)
27 ppg is still 27 ppg no matter how you slice it. Impressive no matter the competition.

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...
27 ppg is still 27 ppg no matter how you slice it. Impressive no matter the competition.

27 ppg in 1A is not the same as 27ppg in 4A. Competiton has a lot to do with how many points you score. I am not saying she isn't a talented girl, but it's just not the same. I'm also not saying she couldn't do it either. It would be nice to see her get more experience in the AAU ranks. AAU ball is a great way to showcase talent.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
27 ppg in 1A is not the same as 27ppg in 4A. Competiton has a lot to do with how many points you score. I am not saying she isn't a talented girl, but it's just not the same. I'm also not saying she couldn't do it either. It would be nice to see her get more experience in the AAU ranks. AAU ball is a great way to showcase talent.
It's not the same, but you still need some sort of natural talent to work with to score that many points at any level. Even if you're taller, you still have to be able to shoot in some fashion.

tellmac1

Sep 24, 2008
Davenport North has an outstanding PG that is a junior.Averaging
about 26 ppg. Has started since she was an frosh. Had 44 the other night. Hope we are on her!! Amber Harrington. Comes from a very athletic family.

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007

True, but in 4A, she would have a more talented supporting cast and teams couldn't focus on her as much.

Example: Harrison Barnes. I would bet that he doesn't get near the number of triple teams that this girl does.

Disclaimer: This is just a general statement. I have not seen either of them play in person.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
True, but in 4A, she would have a more talented supporting cast and teams couldn't focus on her as much.

Example: Harrison Barnes. I would bet that he doesn't get near the number of triple teams that this girl does.

Disclaimer: This is just a general statement. I have not seen either of them play in person.

My wife would tend to disagree with that...

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net

But on the flip side, having a better supporting cast means you aren't relied upon to do as much scoring (same Barnes example -- from what everyone says, his stats don't even remotely reflect just how good he is because Ames has so many options).

I do agree that you have to have a certain level of talent to average 27ppg, and everyo
ne who has seen Christofferson play says she is the real deal.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Well, Coach sees something in her potential, so that's pretty much I need to know at this point.

(Yes I'm a Homer and I will only see the sunshine and butterflies when it comes to Coach and the Sisters)

:confused: