Et tu Barkley? And Ishmail? - Hill to Iowa

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
I watched parts of it. And what I saw is a baylor team that moved the football whenever and however they wanted to, and Iowa State was helpless to stop them.

Well it is RG3 we are talking about here. If you missed it they put up 67 against Washington in the bowl game. A fumble recovery and an onside kick we recovered keep the ball out of that man's hands though.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
You thought it would help your argument to post links to actual numbers? I know your getting desperate but bad call by you.

SEC finishes atop football power rankings - Stats & Info Blog - ESPN
USATODAY.com

Since you wouldn't believe me until I posted a link I'll await your link to a viable source that argues the accuracy of either ESPN or Sargarin's ratings. But I'm sure you don't need a source, I'm sure your "expertise" is miles ahead of either of those.

I see you conveniently ignored the BCS standings and the coaches and media polls. If you really want to get embarrassed more I can pull out the stats for 10 years back, but you might want to do yourself a favor and admit your wrong first.

Here is where the big 10 finished in each of the last 5 seasons in the Sargarin rankings.

Big 10 4th 5th 6th 6th 6th

From that MWC deserves a BCS bid drop the ACC and Big East.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Who cares which conference is better? I haven't read any of your and Perky's convo, but seriously? Who cares? Shouldn't is matter if YOUR team is better? I couldn't care less if OSU is better than Wisky.

The debate started on why ISU going 6-7 was a "good" season. Conference strength had a lot to do with 6 of those 7 losses.

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
Can we ban 90% of the Hawk trolls in this thread? PerkyforHerky, wrslsdfjldsjflkdsjgohawks, etc?

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDaLEVO62yc]Iowa *Hawkeye Commit Barkley Hill Somethin' Nice - YouTube[/ame]

Barkley doesn't seem like he has breakaway speed, but he looks like a strong guy and runs hard. I see why there are Woody comparisons.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I would define a blow out as a game where one team dominates the other. All those games I listed were dominated by Iowa State's opponent.

You guys conveniently forget about the KSU game, where ISU lost to a team that should have been playing in the BCS by 7 on the road. Guess it doesn't fit into the "ISU got blown out by every good team it faced except for that fluke vs OSU" line of thinking.

BTW, losing 26-6 in Norman isn't a blowout, it's just a loss. But then, I guess that ISU's 20 point loss was MUCH worse than iowa's 17 point loss to OU on a neutral field. Nevermind that KF supposedly has his team playing its best at the end of the year and is a master bowl game strategist.

mikem

Jul 27, 2010
You guys conveniently forget about the KSU game, where ISU lost to a team that should have been playing in the BCS by 7 on the road. Guess it doesn't fit into the "ISU got blown out by every good team it faced except for that fluke vs OSU" line of thinking.

BTW, losing 26-6 in Norman isn't a blowout, it's just a loss. But then, I guess that ISU's 20 point loss was MUCH worse than iowa's 17 point loss to OU on a neutral field. Nevermind that KF supposedly has his team playing its best at the end of the year and is a master bowl game strategist.

Blowouts are physical mismatches.

We were blown out by Mizzu. They beat us like we stole something. The idiot insecure hawk seem to forget things like the overturn of the fumble, when RG3 knew he had fumbled, that led to a score. Or, that we were driving to pull within 7, and fumbled the ball leading to a def. TD. We were bad defensively, but Baylor moved the ball on EVERYONE.

Conversely, the hawks were blown out by msu, and nebbie for sure. And OU certainly never felt threatened. They did not match up, physically to any of those three teams.

Don't let the fact that the offenses in the fox 12 suck cloud the ideal that those two beat the hawks like they stole something (pun intended)...

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

Iowa was down by one score, with the ball, with under 10 minutes to go in the game and an opportunity to tie. ISU was down 17 at half and never came any closer. Not saying I agree with what some of these other Iowa fans are saying, or that losing 26-6 in Norman is a blowout, but you can't really compare those two losses.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

We were blown out by Mizzu. They beat us like we stole something. The idiot insecure hawk seem to forget things like the overturn of the fumble, when RG3 knew he had fumbled, that led to a score. Or, that we were driving to pull within 7, and fumbled the ball leading to a def. TD. We were bad defensively, but Baylor moved the ball on EVERYONE.

Conversely, the hawks were blown out by msu, and nebbie for sure. And OU certainly never felt threatened. They did not match up, physically to any of those three teams.

Don't let the fact that the offenses in the fox 12 suck cloud the ideal that those two beat the hawks like they stole something (pun intended)...

Don't entirely disagree, but blowouts often are also about coaching mismatches. When your coaches give you absolute crap to execute, everything else can become a nonfactor. I'd throw the Iowa v. Penn St. game into the mix. Not saying 13-3 is a blowout, but if you watched the offensive playcalling in that game, it's clear that coaching was THE factor. Not to mention Iowa punting twice from the Cornusker 35 yard line in that game. Coaching mismatch.

Madclone1

Oct 21, 2007
Can we ban 90% of the Hawk trolls in this thread? PerkyforHerky, wrslsdfjldsjflkdsjgohawks, etc?

Again . . just use the ignore feature on CF.

You really gain nothing by trying to argue with these idiots. No NORMAL person camps out on an opposing team's site to argue/flame/inflame. Just fact.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Again . . just use the ignore feature on CF.

You really gain nothing by trying to argue with these idiots. No NORMAL person camps out on an opposing team's site to argue/flame/inflame. Just fact.

I just like to see what dumb post I can laugh at next.

Hawkeye11en1

Apr 22, 2011
Colorado

Still don't think RG3's pass was a fumble. Arm was going forward. Just as if he had been hit when his arm was going forward and lost possession, it is ruled incomplete. But then again, we have already determined your pro status. :D

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Iowa was down by one score, with the ball, with under 10 minutes to go in the game and an opportunity to tie. ISU was down 17 at half and never came any closer. Not saying I agree with what some of these other Iowa fans are saying, or that losing 26-6 in Norman is a blowout, but you can't really compare those two losses.

Sure I can. ISU was up 3 at the end of the 1st. They went from down 4 to down 17 in the last 3:22 of the 2nd quarter...including giving up two FGs in the last :22. ISU couldn't get their offense going, but it wasn't a mismatch...especially compared to prior mismatches in Norman. On top of that, the situations for these two games dramatically favored iowa's. ISU played in Norman when OU still had a shot at the BCS. Iowa played on a neutral field when OU had nothing to play for.

Both were losses, neither were blowouts. I consider blowouts physical mismatches. IMO ISU's losses to Mizzou and Baylor were blowouts. Iowa usually doesn't get blown out very often, but they also don't play some of the offenses that ISU plays.