Equipment Sale

howellc33

Mar 18, 2012
Britt, IA
Have any of you gone to the equipment sale put on by the ISU Athletic Dept? I thought about going on the 25th and I'm curious what to expect..

fccy

Dec 31, 2008
Forest City
Lots of boxes, separated by item type (and hopefully size, I can't remember). IIRC, about $20 got me a pair of Nike golf shorts (black), 5 Nike Dry-fit shirts (some old logo) and 1 Nike Sweatshirt (old logo, football staff). Letterwinners Club and Cyclone Club members will get first dibs at 10:30am

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
I went 5-6 years ago when I was still in school. I ended up with an actual game jersey. My roommate snagged a pair of cleats and pair of basketball shoes. If nothing else it's fun to see what you can find. I bought a pair of 4X sweatpants for my very pregnant sister (first kid for her and my first nephew) as a gag gift of sorts.

howellc33

Mar 18, 2012
Britt, IA
I went 5-6 years ago when I was still in school. I ended up with an actual game jersey. My roommate snagged a pair of cleats and pair of basketball shoes. If nothing else it's fun to see what you can find. I bought a pair of 4X sweatpants for my very pregnant sister (first kid for her and my first nephew) as a gag gift of sorts.

That's cool. I want to go not just for the shirts or whatever, but to see if there are helmets jerseys etc.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
That's cool. I want to go not just for the shirts or whatever, but to see if there are helmets jerseys etc.

Usually by the time the general public gets in, the top-shelf stuff has been pretty well picked clean.

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
Pretty sure that due to liabilities football helmets are not for sale. If they are i think they would be stripped down to practically just the shell and facemask- no inside "parts".

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
thanks, its been a while. my mesh shorts n sweatpants are wearing thin. hard to beat at $2 or so.

its weird, but one of my favorite finds ever was a green womens soccer green goalie jersey, and it fits. green is my fav color, other than cardinal or.gold of course.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
thanks, its been a while. my mesh shorts n sweatpants are wearing thin. hard to beat at $2 or so.

Truth. I once got a duffel bag full of sweats, shorts, shirts and unopened socks for about $30 (including the bag itself).

Me State

Oct 19, 2007
Pretty sure that due to liabilities football helmets are not for sale. If they are i think they would be stripped down to practically just the shell and facemask- no inside "parts".

Last equipment sale they sold helmets and they also sometimes have them available at Cys Locker room. They have all the "parts".

melly4cy

Aug 15, 2012
Ankeny
Husband and I are going to check this out today. Does anyone know if they accept debit/credit cards, or cash only? Its probably a fairly safe assumption that they'll take cards but we wanted to double check.

Me State

Oct 19, 2007
Husband and I are going to check this out today. Does anyone know if they accept debit/credit cards, or cash only? Its probably a fairly safe assumption that they'll take cards but we wanted to double check.

Previous time I went they accepted cards and I see no reason they won't this time as well. Happy hunting.

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
The press release just says North side of Hilton. Is it in Hilton or the parking lot to the North?

I'm making the drive to Ames as well. Hopefully there are a few gems!

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
The press release just says North side of Hilton. Is it in Hilton or the parking lot to the North?

Drove by yesterday, and there was a large tent set up outside Hilton, between the building and C-1. Looked like an old equipment trailer was parked next to it.

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
Please share some of your findings in this thread. If they have cheap helmets I will be sad I didn't make the 2 hour drive...

Help Support Us

Become a patron