EA Sports NCAA Football game

CRCy17

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Chicago, IL
SIAP, and looks like this one is subscriber only, but Hines has some info about what Iowas State submitted to EA for stadium environment / jerseys:

Reactions: Erik4Cy

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
SIAP, and looks like this one is subscriber only, but Hines has some info about what Iowas State submitted to EA for stadium environment / jerseys:

That looks like a Mark Charter ad in the background lol. He was one of the first I heard of around the DSM area offering a flat rate instead of the standard 6%, anyway.

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
Who’s setting up the CF online dynasty? Either having everyone in two 16 team conferences or 8 in four different conferences would be so much fun. I’d volunteer but have a wacky work schedule at times to run it well
Would love to get in on this depending how fast the league progression is.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Yes, looks like this is no longer behind the paywall
Interesting to note that the Telephone Trophy/Mizzou rivalry was preserved. We haven't played them since before the most recent NCAAF game came out

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I was hopeful for some more marching band stuff. Looks like still just the fight song

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I was hopeful for some more marching band stuff. Looks like still just the fight song
Along those lines, I don't know why we'd even submit audio assets featuring licensed music to them at all. There's almost zero chance that they'd include them, or even attempt to include them. Having Sweet Caroline in the game would cost a fair bit of coin, I'd imagine.

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
Along those lines, I don't know why we'd even submit audio assets featuring licensed music to them at all. There's almost zero chance that they'd include them, or even attempt to include them. Having Sweet Caroline in the game would cost a fair bit of coin, I'd imagine.
I wouldn't be shocked if EA tries to look for songs that are used across multiple schools and tries to incorporate some of them - Particularly if one of those schools is a blueblood.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I mean the reveal trailer had “Welcome to the Jungle” so I imagine there will be some major copyrighted songs in there.

If they give us “Smoke on the Water” I will lose it and throw the controller though.

• Haha
Reactions: Tailg8er

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
I mean the reveal trailer had “Welcome to the Jungle” so I imagine there will be some major copyrighted songs in there.

If they give us “Smoke on the Water” I will lose it and throw the controller though.
Haha kind funny but why would they music from a coaching staff that was nearly a decade ago?

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

Included in the trailer isn't the same as included in the game, though. And it's doubtful they'll have it on a per school basis. They'll include the songs that the schools own the rights to, but I'm confident in saying you won't be hearing Sweet Caroline or Juicy Wiggle for Iowa State.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Included in the trailer isn't the same as included in the game, though. And it's doubtful they'll have it on a per school basis. They'll include the songs that the schools own the rights to, but I'm confident in saying you won't be hearing Sweet Caroline or Juicy Wiggle for Iowa State.
That'd be a lot of work, but try to find all submitted items from schools and see what made the cut. Like "Jump Around" at WI or "Enter Sandman" at V tech had to have made it?

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
That'd be a lot of work, but try to find all submitted items from schools and see what made the cut. Like "Jump Around" at WI or "Enter Sandman" at V tech had to have made it?

Doesn't sound like it, per the Athletic article mentioned just above:

"Unfortunately, “Enter Sandman” is not in the game — licensing Metallica songs is really expensive. It has been replaced by a generic rock theme that sounds somewhat familiar. So that was a disappointment. (“Jump Around” is also not played in games at Camp Randall Stadium, for similar reasons.)"

ETA - it does go on to say this:

"While “Enter Sandman” is not in the game, “Zombie Nation,” “Sandstorm,” “Tsunami” and “Mo Bamba” are. We see the Army Corps of Cadets jump up and down for “Tsunami” before kickoff, something the TV broadcast rarely shows. Beaver Stadium plays “Zombie Nation” after Penn State touchdowns."

So at least some will be included, just not the big (expensive) ones. Can't wait!

Last edited:

PickSix

Aug 25, 2013