Dr. Carver's Shave Butter

ST8R

Jan 2, 2008
Is it weird that I use nothing? I shave right after I shower and have just never needed anything.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
I have only ever used the cheap cans of Barbasol shaving cream. Never really had an issue although the responses here so far make me wonder if I am missing something.

I'm wondering that too. My whole life I have used Gillette Gel and nothing else. I also shave my head twice a week and it seems to work just fine without problems.
Now I'm wondering if this shave butter is like shaving with a slice of Heaven?
Also, what does this butter cost?
Me too! I didn't even know there were other options before I started this thread!

Sterling4Cy

Nov 13, 2006
Me too! I didn't even know there were other options before I started this thread!

I use a safety razor and double edge razor blades. You can pick up a decent safety razor on amazon for $30. Double edge blades are dirt cheap. Can get 100 of them for $10-$20 off amazon. After the cost of the razor the blades are dirt cheap.

A puck of Van Der Hagen Luxury brand shaving soap is $4 at wally mart. It will last 3-4 months.

cy4prez7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2010
Des Moines
I love the shave butter. Best think Dollar Shave Club ever did was send me that sample. Best shave I've had.