Downey has been kicked off ISU wrestling team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
**** you. Team was nothing but a soft ass bunch of losers. I hope the Paulsons and Dresser can sleep well at night. You have not heard the last of Pat Downey.

I think we all wish him the best of luck in the Octogon. He hurt nobody but himself in this and other than hoping he actually learns something for once nobody is wishing him ill. He's an adult and choosing to make everything public.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
**** you. Team was nothing but a soft ass bunch of losers. I hope the Paulsons and Dresser can sleep well at night. You have not heard the last of Pat Downey.
I've always thought this is a Seinfeld-esque type of statement. Why do people make that statement about people they dislike?
Yes, I know it's hyperbole, but still.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Lol, after the twitter stuff I was just waiting for a post here.
raw

crooksie_26

Mar 24, 2006
So just curious PD2 do you think your kid was railroaded and did nothing wrong?

I get that your angry that your son doesn't get to wrestle the end of the year, but you had to think that this was a possibility. I mean if you don't show up for practice for extended periods of time, do you think you should just get to comeback whenever you want? I mean I played college baseball and football and if I would have acted that way for a day or two regardless how talented I was I would pay the piper. There is a reason why coaches do what they do and have rules and standards. It's not to punish you, its to help you grow into man and to understand that your actions have consequences. think about if you acted this way at your job if you got passed over for a promotion to someone that was less talented, if you acted this way you would probably be canned in 5 minutes.

Hope your son finds a new home and is able wrestle his last year, I also hope he learns from this experience and becomes a better man for it. Good luck to you and your family in the future.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
So just curious PD2 do you think your kid was railroaded and did nothing wrong?

I get that your angry that your son doesn't get to wrestle the end of the year, but you had to think that this was a possibility. I mean if you don't show up for practice for extended periods of time, do you think you should just get to comeback whenever you want? I mean I played college baseball and football and if I would have acted that way for a day or two regardless how talented I was I would pay the piper. There is a reason why coaches do what they do and have rules and standards. It's not to punish you, its to help you grow into man and to understand that your actions have consequences. think about if you acted this way at your job if you got passed over for a promotion to someone that was less talented, if you acted this way you would probably be canned in 5 minutes.

Hope your son finds a new home and is able wrestle his last year, I also hope he learns from this experience and becomes a better man for it. Good luck to you and your family in the future.
Dude go read his twitter feed. Things make a lot more sense. Then google the kid judge said to him "Son there are a lot of prisons with room for you." Yeah. Not feeling sorry for pos 2 or 3.

crooksie_26

Mar 24, 2006
I'm well aware of his past, his twitter and snap chat stuff. Just was asking a serious question to PD2.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I'm well aware of his past, his twitter and snap chat stuff. Just was asking a serious question to PD2.
I think some in this thread aren't. Appreciate your questions.

PD2

Feb 14, 2016
Baltimore, MD
The Paulsons and the athletic trainer tried to rush Pat into training that would only re-injure his rib. After sacrificing his body for the team last year, and seeing their results this year, he thought he might, for the first-ever time, look out for himself and his own chances at title this year, and try to ensure that he would be 100% for Big 12 and Nationals. At the beginning of his four game suspension (WHICH HE SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED!), he was told by KJ and Pollard that he WOULD wrestle in the Big 12. How coincidental...on the day that Dresser announces that he's officially taking the new job and Paulson assumes the role of interim head coach (with KJ now out of the loop), Downey found out, via a TOM article on Twitter, that he's been kicked off the team. If this doesn't stink from the high heavens, nothing does. If Dresser wanted his scholarship for next year, all he had to do was speak with Downey. He had no plans on staying after he graduated, anyway. I can assure you all, you have not heard the last from us. They had four weeks to release Downey, but didn't. I bet if KJ and the Paulsons had a job on the line for next year, Downey would be at Big 12. What a bunch of behind the scenes back-stabbing sissies.

Last edited:

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
The Paulsons and the athletic trainer tried to rush into training that would only re-injure his rib. After sacrificing his body for the team last year, and seeing their results this year, he thought he might, for the first-ever time, look out for himself and his own chances at title this year, and try to ensure that he would be 100% for Big 12 and Nationals. At the beginning of his four game suspension (WHICH HE SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED!), he was told by KJ and Pollard that he WOULD wrestle in the Big 12. How coincidental...on the day that Dresser announces that he's officially taking the new job and Paulson assumes the role of interim head coach (with KJ now out of the loop), Downey founds out, via a TOM article on Twitter, that he's been kicked off the team. If this doesn't stink from the high heavens, nothing will. If Dresser wanted his scholarship for next year, all he had to do was speak with Downey. He had no plans on staying after he graduated, anyway. I can assure you all, you have not heard the last from us. They had four weeks to release Downey, but didn't. I bet if KJ and the Paulsons had a job on the line for next year, Downey would be at Big 12. What a bunch of behind the scenes back-stabbing sissies.

Just because you complete a suspension doesn't mean you're going to participate, especially when you're continuously breaking team rules.

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
The Paulsons and the athletic trainer tried to rush into training that would only re-injure his rib. After sacrificing his body for the team last year, and seeing their results this year, he thought he might, for the first-ever time, look out for himself and his own chances at title this year, and try to ensure that he would be 100% for Big 12 and Nationals. At the beginning of his four game suspension (WHICH HE SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED!), he was told by KJ and Pollard that he WOULD wrestle in the Big 12. How coincidental...on the day that Dresser announces that he's officially taking the new job and Paulson assumes the role of interim head coach (with KJ now out of the loop), Downey founds out, via a TOM article on Twitter, that he's been kicked off the team. If this doesn't stink from the high heavens, nothing will. If Dresser wanted his scholarship for next year, all he had to do was speak with Downey. He had no plans on staying after he graduated, anyway. I can assure you all, you have not heard the last from us. They had four weeks to release Downey, but didn't. I bet if KJ and the Paulsons had a job on the line for next year, Downey would be at Big 12. What a bunch of behind the scenes back-stabbing sissies.

Wouldn't showing up to practice and actually doing some wrestling be an important part of being 100% for the postseason? What good is being fully healthy for the postseason if you are woefully out of wrestling shape?

Did he do additional things to break team rules during that "4 game suspension"? If he did, then he most likely broke the terms he agreed to for reinstatement, rendering the agreement void.

Also, what would have happened if they had released him in those 4 weeks you speak of? He'd be in the exact same situation as he is now, off the team with no shot of wrestling in the postseason.

• Agree
Reactions: SMP05 and csteve

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
There's no indication he asked for a release before yesterday. And based on his Twitter ISU granted him a release to any school other than those in the Big XII or non-conference schools that are on ISU's dual schedule next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron