for non-conference games?

Kind of stinks to have the Missouri game on the SEC network

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
No the school doesn't decide the network but, the conference of the home school determines what contract the TV rights fall under in this case ESPN etc has the rights (they own the SEC Network) Now why are we stuck on there and not ESPN/2?

Hate to tell you but, ISU/MU on ESPN or ESPN 2 is not realistic, ESPN has a college football game (Football will usually win out over the first night of CBB) and ESPN 2 has the CBB "Armed Forces Classic from a military base in Germany. That's a "made for ESPN" event and has a matchup of WVU and I think UNLV. A much better tilt than clones VS tigers.

It sucks but, I see why we are stuck on the SEC network MU being an SEC school makes it an option

• Informative
Reactions: ClonesFTW and surly

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Speaking of this, who has the rights to the ISU/UNI game? Is that game really only on mediacom? Will ISU air it via cyclones.tv for us out of staters?

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Hate to tell you but, ISU/MU on ESPN or ESPN 2 is not realistic, ESPN has a college football game (Football will usually win out over the first night of CBB)
This is so very true. A few years ago, Ku played UK in a much-ballyhooed made for TV basketball game. Arkansas played K-State around the same time in the Liberty Bowl. The bowl game TV numbers were like double or triple those for the basketball game. I was astonished because neither football team was ranked. While both basketball squads were top 10.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Speaking of this, who has the rights to the ISU/UNI game? Is that game really only on mediacom? Will ISU air it via cyclones.tv for us out of staters?

Iowa State has the rights. Old UNI AD gave away all the TV rights with the last contract for the Big 4. Iowa State and the Big 12 always own the Iowa State game. Iowa and the Big 10 always own the Iowa game.

My understanding is that it will be available on the actual Mediacom Cyclones TV channel but not available on the internet which absolutely blows for us that don't have Mediacom.

UNI has no agreement in anyway with Mediacom. The Valley's TV Contract rights go 1) ESPN TV Networks 2) CBS Sports Net 3) Everything else to ESPN3. Even ESPN3 would be a better option.

• Informative
Reactions: riceville98

Dingus

May 23, 2013
Im sure it's been asked, but what are the options to watch he Missouri game in Iowa? Sports bar?

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Iowa State has the rights. Old UNI AD gave away all the TV rights with the last contract for the Big 4. Iowa State and the Big 12 always own the Iowa State game. Iowa and the Big 10 always own the Iowa game.

My understanding is that it will be available on the actual Mediacom Cyclones TV channel but not available on the internet which absolutely blows for us that don't have Mediacom.

UNI has no agreement in anyway with Mediacom. The Valley's TV Contract rights go 1) ESPN TV Networks 2) CBS Sports Net 3) Everything else to ESPN3. Even ESPN3 would be a better option.
Well that sucks.
How is every single ISU game on national tv or cyclones.tv except this UNI game thats on freaking mediacom?!

• Agree
Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

JD720

Jan 3, 2009
Im sure it's been asked, but what are the options to watch he Missouri game in Iowa? Sports bar?

It's included in Mediacom's sports pack (same package that includes ESPNU). I'm not familiar with the Dish/Direct packages, but I know it's there somewhere. You may already have it. Worst case scenario is you add that package for a month.

• Informative
Reactions: Dingus

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016

I'm assuming DirecTV has the SEC Network, but could be wrong. I think it's included in the sports pack on Mediacom, which is relatively cheap. Or any decent sports bar will have it.

allday4cy

Feb 25, 2012
Waterloo, IA
Directv has the SEC network. Channel 611. i had to pay extra to get it. Believe it comes when you order the extra Foxsports channels.

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA
PS Vue has it. You can sign up for a 7 day free trial and you might find out you don't need Dish or DTV. Only downside is the feed is about 30 seconds delayed so you won't want to follow the game on twitter.

Reactions: mclatch

CycloneJoe6

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2012
Iowa
Anyone think the bars here in Ames will have the game on? College kid trying to find a way to watch the game