Does it Bother anybody else that

Jammin’

Jul 18, 2009
Ames-Mia-Atx
At a public university, There are allegation of multiple coaching members on KF's staff, not including Doyle, that feel it is OK to continually dig in and find opportunities to abuse the position of power they hold and break numerous ADA and FERPA federal laws to continually mock and ridicule a student athlete about his learning disability.

Were talking about a educational stetting where coaches continually chose to dig in, break federally protected confidential information, and mock this student athlete learning disability in front of other players.

We are talking about a student athlete, that KF gave a scholarship knowing full well the kid had a learning disability. A student athlete, by his own account, that was so beaten down, bullied, broken, and stripped of confidence from being continuously mocking by his coaches, that he was too paralyzed in fear to speak out.

A student athlete that at the first chance he felt enough courage to tell his side of the story on what goes on inside KF program hallways, he did.

I think it's important to remember, that these allegations are about multiple coaches not named Doyle according to the student athlete.

Isn't it just a little bit concerning that this student athlete, who was given a full scholarship and who grew up dreaming to play football at Iowa, and had a known learning disability was still treated and continually mocked so badly that he had to give up his dream of playing football at the school he loved and transfer.

WHILE

these same multiple unknown coaches are still free to continually get weekly pay checks, build there resumes and careers, and freely roam around these same facilities and without fear of repercussions at a public university.

Reactions: Angie

Jammin’

Jul 18, 2009
Ames-Mia-Atx
Do we know who the coaches are, other than Doyle, who allegedly thought it was OK to continually dig in time after time to publicly mock a student with a known learning disability?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Do we know who the coaches are, other than Doyle, who allegedly thought it was OK to continually dig in time after time to publicly mock a student with a known learning disability?
Wallace

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Thanks.

It's been awhile, but I thought the student athletes allegations implied more than one coach beside Doyle. I could be wrong.
Yeah it was more than one coach.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
At a public university, There are allegation of multiple coaching members on KF's staff, not including Doyle, that feel it is OK to continually dig in and find opportunities to abuse the position of power they hold and break numerous ADA and FERPA federal laws to continually mock and ridicule a student athlete about his learning disability.

Were talking about a educational stetting where coaches continually chose to dig in, break federally protected confidential information, and mock this student athlete learning disability in front of other players.

We are talking about a student athlete, that KF gave a scholarship knowing full well the kid had a learning disability. A student athlete, by his own account, that was so beaten down, bullied, broken, and stripped of confidence from being continuously mocking by his coaches, that he was too paralyzed in fear to speak out.

A student athlete that at the first chance he felt enough courage to tell his side of the story on what goes on inside KF program hallways, he did.

I think it's important to remember, that these allegations are about multiple coaches not named Doyle according to the student athlete.

Isn't it just a little bit concerning that this student athlete, who was given a full scholarship and who grew up dreaming to play football at Iowa, and had a known learning disability was still treated and continually mocked so badly that he had to give up his dream of playing football at the school he loved and transfer.

WHILE

these same multiple unknown coaches are still free to continually get weekly pay checks, build there resumes and careers, and freely roam around these same facilities and without fear of repercussions at a public university.
I’ve been told by hawk fans close to me, who I thought were better people than they apparently are, that college football coaches are just ********. That’s the way it is and will always be that way. Yeah Doyle and Wallace are total pieces of **** who verbally abuse kids they’re supposed to be helping develop into men but that’s just big time college football for ya. All of it pisses me off but the simple jack bs really pushed me over the edge.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
HE GONE! With a $1.1 million buyout from Bartooth and free health care for a year. Hope he can manage, that's gonna be a lot of steroid use for the future.

Reactions: CyBobby and Angie

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018

Doyle previously came under fire in 2011, when 13 Hawkeye players were diagnosed with a condition called rhabdomyolysis after strenuous offseason workouts. The school paid out one $15,000 settlement as a result, conducted an investigation and determined that that specific workout should never be used again.

Ferentz responded by handing Doyle an assistant coach of the year award that had never previously existed.

Hoks gonna hok!

Reactions: CyBobby and Angie

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I get it was tied to Cy-Hawk...but good golly, remember all the press hits we got for the band incident?

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
HE GONE! With a $1.1 million buyout from Bartooth and free health care for a year. Hope he can manage, that's gonna be a lot of steroid use for the future.

So you're saying if you get with the right people you can be racist for 2 decades then get paid to not work? Sweet!

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
“Hey, guys - I got a foolproof plan. So, obviously we have to get rid of Doyle. He was dumb enough to get caught. But how about — we give him a million dollar buyout so he doesn’t turn on the rest of us? Boy, would we be ****** then. THEN, what we should do - we announce that we have a board made up of players on the team, at least one who is white of course, who will advise us going forward. Obviously the best person to lead the group is KF - I mean, he was in charge when all of this was happening and his own son is getting out of jail free for a ton of terrible **** he said as a coach, so KF really is going to be our best face for this. No sanctions or governance on any of this for anyone else, no probation, that would be overkill - it isn’t like he allowed systemic racism or the near deaths of our players to happen on his watch.”

Jammin’

Jul 18, 2009
Ames-Mia-Atx
Not really calling for any ones head here, more just looking for some updates or clarification on the alleged mocking of the student athlete with the known learning disability.

It sounds like Doyle was awarded 1.1 and 15 months of healthcare to be gone and quiet. As much has I roll my eyes, I get that. They don't want him talking.

Anyway, what I still don't understand is WHO are the other multiple coaches that were trusted with this sensitive and certainly confidently information about a student athletes learning disability yet still chose to use this confidential information against this student athlete to mock this kid in private and even in public in front of other players.

In the students athletes own words, " I quit football not because of school but because I was broken, beat down, bullied, unwanted, and unloved. I was stripped of every once of confidence I had." According to the student and his words, this was done by many of the coaches on staff.

Other players have corroborated this allegation and we still don't have any info or questions about it or even university statement.

Okie State's AD took like an hour to come out with a statement today.

Am, I asking for too much?

Reactions: Angie

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I honestly don’t feel bad for Kallenberger. If it was so bad for him, why did he let his brother go there? He wanted so bad to be a freaking hok that he overlooked the obvious. That their staff is full of a-holes. And then his brother wanted to be a hok so bad that he didn’t care about any bad experiences and is still there. Should have made better choices.