NSCR: Did he do it?

Did Kevin Harvick intentionally cause the final wreck?

• YES

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • NO

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • I DON'T CARE

Votes: 18 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Only in America. Take any other sport in any other country, and the league champion is the regular season champion.

Last I checked, NASCAR takes place in America. :wink:

I can't imagine what the NASCAR ratings would look like with the old format if someone is 100 pts ahead. There would be little incentive for the casual fan to watch.

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
Last I checked, NASCAR takes place in America. :wink:

I can't imagine what the NASCAR ratings would look like with the old format if someone is 100 pts ahead. There would be little incentive for the casual fan to watch.

If the racing were at all enticing then people would watch. But when you throw a caution for a blown engine with 8 to go when you have something intriguing happening in the race what do you expect. They took all the drama of that race and **** all over it with that caution. Then did the exact same thing for the first gwc. If they wanted to reward the winner for a two lap sprint then why race for a 186 laps before that. Just bring them out and have them do a quick race.

There was absolutely no reason to throw that caution when they did for the blown engine, they did not know at that time if there was oil on the track, very easily could have let that run. Then they throw a caution on their first gwc because they have two guys spin out and immediately throw the caution, which was bogus because both of those guys kept running and would have had no effect on the outcome. They say they do this for safety, but then they let a guy keep running who has no power in his engine, and he is right in the middle of the pack. To me Harvick was a much larger safety hazard than anything else that happened in that whole race.

NASCAR needs to get out of its own way, get back to doing what makes the sport fun to watch. That is watching guys do whatever they have to to win a race. Not have Kevin Harvick cause a wreck because he doesn't want to get bounced from the this round of a manufactured drama event. If the racing was good, people would watch.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
If the racing were at all enticing then people would watch. But when you throw a caution for a blown engine with 8 to go when you have something intriguing happening in the race what do you expect. They took all the drama of that race and **** all over it with that caution. Then did the exact same thing for the first gwc. If they wanted to reward the winner for a two lap sprint then why race for a 186 laps before that. Just bring them out and have them do a quick race.

There was absolutely no reason to throw that caution when they did for the blown engine, they did not know at that time if there was oil on the track, very easily could have let that run. Then they throw a caution on their first gwc because they have two guys spin out and immediately throw the caution, which was bogus because both of those guys kept running and would have had no effect on the outcome. They say they do this for safety, but then they let a guy keep running who has no power in his engine, and he is right in the middle of the pack. To me Harvick was a much larger safety hazard than anything else that happened in that whole race.

NASCAR needs to get out of its own way, get back to doing what makes the sport fun to watch. That is watching guys do whatever they have to to win a race. Not have Kevin Harvick cause a wreck because he doesn't want to get bounced from the this round of a manufactured drama event. If the racing was good, people would watch.

yeah it seemed Harvick should have been pulled after the first "non" attempt. It was clear he couldn't maintain pace.