NBA: **Cyclones in the NBA and G-League, 2019-2020

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
In the final NBA re-start scrimmage of the year, Marial Shayok scored one point (he shot a blistering 1 of 4 from the free throw line) in 8 minutes. He also had 2 boards and an assist.

There are no scrimmages today; the next action is the Jazz vs. the Pelicans and the results count from here on. Zion just got through COVID 19 protocol so I'm guessing he's doubtful to take on Georges and company.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Programming note - Cyclone NBA feast on Saturday: I looked ahead at the NBA's schedule and there's a potential to see almost all of our guys on ESPN on Saturday. There's not a lot of sports programming happening right now so it may be of interest. The schedule, all on ESPN:

Miami Heat vs. the Denver Nuggets (1pm ET / noon CT)
Utah Jazz vs. OKC Thunder (3:30 ET / 2:30 CT)
LA Lakers vs. Toronto Raptors (8:30 ET / 7:30 CT)

Shayok's 76ers also take on Naz' Pacers that day but it's not on national TV (plus I doubt that our two guys will get any PT).

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Georges - and potentially THT - back in action today. Forreallzzz. With Bogdanovic out, Georges seems to be more like the 8th man, not the 9th.

The Jazz are currently a #4 seed and would play OKC in the playoffs, if these last games don 't swing things too much. New Orleans is 3.5 back from the 8th playoff place and I'm not sure if Zion will even play (just got cleared).

The Lakers are in 1st in the West by 5.5 games over the Clips.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
That was probably the worst game Niang has played in the league, unfortunately.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
That was probably the worst game Niang has played in the league, unfortunately.

I couldn't watch the 2nd half - and I'll probably delete it from my VCR - but I saw his 1st shift. Man, he couldn't have been happy with that one. He missed some 3's that he's going to hit a decent percentage of the time and shot a few runners off the dribble that we all know he can make. But at the end of the 1st, he got abused off the bounce by JJ Redick and to start the 2nd, he was matched up with Zion and that's a bad match-up for almost all denizens of Planet Earth.

Georges ended 0-6 from the field with no points. Hopefully, this 1st game was just a bit of rust. But you could really feel the reality of those comments he was getting in college - who's he going to be able to guard in the NBA? Well, it's apparently not Redick or Zion, two very good players.

Good win for the Jazz though, to come back like they did. New Orleans has a lot of talent. If Zion (13 PTS in 15 MIN) had been able to play more minutes, maybe they take the L.

THT was not listed as active in the Lakers' win over the Clippers.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
No ex-Cyclones on the rosters for tonight's NBA action but there are several on Saturday, starting with Monte's Denver Nuggets at 1pm ET / noon CT on ESPN.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
I was under the assumption that all the NBA games would be broadcast nationally. Looks like I was wrong because 3/6 games today are not on TV. So they are playing those games with only like 10 people watching? That seems incredible wasteful. How does ESPN or TNT not find a way to show all those?

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I was under the assumption that all the NBA games would be broadcast nationally. Looks like I was wrong because 3/6 games today are not on TV. So they are playing those games with only like 10 people watching? That seems incredible wasteful. How does ESPN or TNT not find a way to show all those?
The other ones are on NBA TV (which I no longer have). It would be nice if they were all on ESPN or TNT though; you're right.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
lol at the nuggets lineup. seriously, what the hell is going on in Nuggets land.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
The Nuggets were down 3 starters and it showed as they faded in the 3rd. Hopefully, they can get everyone healthy and get their rhythm back before the playoffs. In his starting role, Monte's line was this: 28 MIN, 13 PTS, 3-7 FG, 0-2 3PT, 7-8 FT, 3 REB, 5 AST and 3 TO (!! A couple of them were kind of ugly.

First of 8 regular season games was not a pretty one for the Nuggets.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
lol at the nuggets lineup. seriously, what the hell is going on in Nuggets land.
Literally a week ago for a scrimmage he started three 7 footers. I dont think I've ever seen that.