Cyclone VB vs UNI (updates)

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
Big night for Victoria Henson and Carly Jenson both with double-doubles. Henson 17 kills, 10 digs, Jenson 10 kills, 14 digs. Jamie Straube 10 kills.

Big12Crazy

Nov 13, 2006
Kansas
ISU VB is just great! We have a great coach and need to do whatever we can to keep her! Can't wait to see them on Friday in Iowa City to start the Cy-Hawk Series off with a win! And then to watch them next week on NATIONAL TV against Nebraska. Should be great! Way to go Clones!

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
I'm not up on the status of the facility, but is there any way the Armory could be renovated into a volleyball/wrestling arena? Seems like an arena seating 5-6,000 would be great for these two sports on this campus.

crash_zone

Apr 10, 2006
Sioux Falls, SD
I'm not up on the status of the facility, but is there any way the Armory could be renovated into a volleyball/wrestling arena? Seems like an arena seating 5-6,000 would be great for these two sports on this campus.

I would be all for this....but don't they still use the armory for several other things? I don't think the athletic department has any control of the building.

hawkeyeh8r

Jun 10, 2010
Ames

it would take probably as much time to do that as it would to complete hilton since it's used by design students right now and they really dont have anywhere to go. theres also some other stuff in there that would have to get moved plus getting a wood floor in there which would just add unnecessary costs to the university. i really dont need my tuition to be any higher then it already is

hawkeyeh8r

Jun 10, 2010
Ames
oh and its used by the parking/police divisions as well as the ROTC.

oh and congrats to the ISU women on a solid win!!

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Carly Jenson is doing ridiculously well. I wonder if she'll still be a starter next year once Hock is back?

Henson is a senior this year, so I'd think so.

I was very worried about the season after Rachel went down. Feeling much better now.

Looking forward to next season - Jr setter Landwehr. Junior and Senior OH in Jensen and Hockaday. Senior RS Petersen. Jr & Sr Middles with Straube and Staddick. And Sr DS in Mahoney. See if Hahn can fill Mass' shoes and that might be a powerful, powerful team. And presuming some of the new faces don't overtake the starters - I liked what I saw out of Tenisha over the weekend. Johnson and Knuth both played well too.

Last edited: