Cyclone Insider

Griff

Jan 7, 2014
Was just listening to CW and Tommy on Insider pod and they mentioned the Jackson/Prohm situations as being similar and even though CW shot it down, they are so right. That '09-10 lineup was stacked. Obviously Varner, Reader and Zabriskie are like your Morris', Niangs, and McKays. They were stud and obviously national champs.

But that lineup was deep too with Gallick, Mueller and Fanthorpe.

There is no real point to this thread I guess, but it was just an interesting point from those guys. Lets hope Prohm avoids going the Jackson route.

bustamoveisu

Sep 8, 2012
Prohm had success at another school.......Jackson did not
Prohm beat iowa.....Jackson has not
Prohm is a good coach.....Jackson is below avg.
Basketball is relevant under Prohm.....wrestling is irrelevant
Happiness vs depression

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
Prohm had success at another school.......Jackson did not
Prohm beat iowa.....Jackson has not
Prohm is a good coach.....Jackson is below avg.
Basketball is relevant under Prohm.....wrestling is irrelevant
Happiness vs depression

Beating Iowa at hoops vs beating Iowa at wrestling are drastically different achievements.

CYF5

Dec 15, 2013
Jackson coached the Olympic team, Prohm did not. Sanderson took a lot with him, Hoiberg did not. Scholarship picture totally different in wrestling.....Jackson did just fine with talent the first year. If Gallick wrestled and Reader not concussed they may have won nationals. When the cupboard goes bare it takes a long time to build quality and depth at 10 weights with limited scholarships all recruits gone and 5 studs graduating. With that being said, it is time to start getting results.

bustamoveisu

Sep 8, 2012
Jackson coached the Olympic team, Prohm did not. Sanderson took a lot with him, Hoiberg did not. Scholarship picture totally different in wrestling.....Jackson did just fine with talent the first year. If Gallick wrestled and Reader not concussed they may have won nationals. When the cupboard goes bare it takes a long time to build quality and depth at 10 weights with limited scholarships all recruits gone and 5 studs graduating. With that being said, it is time to start getting results.

Maybe we'll peak in March......

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
Maybe we'll peak in March......

We get it, you don't like KJ. There are plenty of others on here that don't either, but they also don't feel the need to constantly ***** about it every chance they get. Just support the guys on the team right now, and if you aren't capable of that then please shut the hell up.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
We get it, you don't like KJ. There are plenty of others on here that don't either, but they also don't feel the need to constantly ***** about it every chance they get. Just support the guys on the team right now, and if you aren't capable of that then please shut the hell up.

Keep trying to think of something to add but hit the nail on the head here. Good post.

bustamoveisu

Sep 8, 2012

C'mon man, loosen up! Enjoy the ride...... I appreciate yur request to shut the hell up.... I'll think about it. Merry X-mas and can't wait 'til March!!!!

bustamoveisu

Sep 8, 2012
Do you actually want to debate my statement? You would look a little silly trying to equate Iowa basketball with Iowa wrestling but I'm game.

Nothing to debate...Jackson hasn't beaten Iowa and had numerous opportunities to do so. Prohm has beaten Iowa. Please don't fall into the excuse trap... it leads to loserville mentality and apathy.

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
Nothing to debate...Jackson hasn't beaten Iowa and had numerous opportunities to do so. Prohm has beaten Iowa. Please don't fall into the excuse trap... it leads to loserville mentality and apathy.

KJ has beaten UNI and Prohm is winless against UNI. KJ>Prohm.

HGoat

Dec 18, 2014
Denver, Colorado
This is one of the poorest troll jobs I've seen, and theres been a lot of them during KJ's tenure.

Last edited:

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
KJ has beaten UNI and Prohm is winless against UNI. KJ>Prohm.

FyiTzxH.gif

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011

Awful. And as everyone has heard over and over again, I'm not a KJ fan in the least.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron