Cyclone Fanatic hang-out in Boston

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
We have made arrangements to have a special place as our hang-out in Boston: Scores. Located at 166 Canal Street (less than a half block from TD Garden stadium!). They open at 4pm on weekdays. They have two-levels and capacity up to 400.

Scores has a nice selection of craft and domestic beer on draft and in bottles, top-shelf cocktails, and wine. Although they probably won't have Ames Lager, we have them scouring New England for all the Busch Light they can find. Unfortunately, they also won't have happy hours or drink specials. Since 1984, in an effort to reduce drunk driving, it is against the law in Massachusetts to offer discount-priced alcohol. However, we are trying to see what we can do to add some Cyclone-themes to the drink menu.

Scores serves "your favorite game day classics with elevated eclectic selections and gourmet twists on traditional pub fare." Based on my quick analysis, the food menu lives up to the description. It may be good that I will be in Boston for 4+ days in order to try more items from the menu.

This is the same venue that is being used by the Alumni Association, so it should be a central spot for Cyclone fans.

Also, there is an Iowa State basketball connection to Scores. I'll tell you more later.

Last edited:

Lexclone

I survived the 2023 ad invasion
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts
We have made arrangements to have a special place as our hang-out in Boston: Scores. Located at 166 Canal Street (less than a half block from TD Garden stadium!). They open at 4pm on weekdays. They have two-levels and capacity up to 400.

Scores has a nice selection of craft and domestic beer on draft and in bottles, top-shelf cocktails, and wine. Although they probably won't have Ames Lager, we have them scouring New England for all the Busch Light they can find. Unfortunately, they also won't have happy hours or drink specials. Since 1984, in an effort to reduce drunk driving, it is against the law in Massachusetts to offer discount-priced alcohol. However, we are trying to see what we can do to add some Cyclone-themes to the drink menu.

Scores serves "your favorite game day classics with elevated eclectic selections and gourmet twists on traditional pub fare." Based on my quick analysis, the food menu lives up to the description. It may be good that I will be in Boston for 4+ days in order to try more items from the menu.

This is the same venue that is being used by the Alumni Association, so it should be a central spot for Cyclone fans.

Also, there is an Iowa State basketball connection to Scores. I'll tell you more later.
The whole happy hour thing is just one of the little idiosyncratic liquor laws and the way they are interpreted in Boston.

Another is a common view in Boston (MA really) that holds that a drink cannot contain more than three types of liquor. So, depending on the bar, Long Island Ice Teas are a no-go. The Puritan roots go deep in MA.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Scores is even closer to TD Garden than I thought!

A few minutes ago, I got dropped off at North Station in order to take a suburban train to visit my bonus daughter. When I get out of the vehicle for the train station, TD Garden is on my right and Scores is on my left. I didn’t even have to look for either of them.

This photo is taken from the TD Garden side of the street.

IMG_6752.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: NWICY and aauummm

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Scores is even closer to TD Garden than I thought!

A few minutes ago, I got dropped off at North Station in order to take a suburban train to visit my bonus daughter. When I get out of the vehicle for the train station, TD Garden is on my right and Scores is on my left. I didn’t even have to look for either of them.

This photo is taken from the TD Garden side of the street.

View attachment 126445
Right next to the Dunkin in Boston. Cant miss it!

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Got confirmation that Scores will open their bar today at 3pm and kitchen at 4pm.

Reactions: NWICY and aauummm

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Have they ran out of Busch Lattes yet or did they ever find any?

Maybe Yuengleng can win over Cyclone fans?

Reactions: Peter

ackatch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 22, 2021
Waukee
Have they ran out of Busch Lattes yet or did they ever find any?

Maybe Yuengleng can win over Cyclone fans?
Yuengling might be the most over-hyped beer I've ever had. It's decent, but I really don't understand the hype.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Pro tip. Make a reservation if you want a table at Scores for Saturday. Sorry I didn’t know about that previously.

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Scores has a second level for you latecomers

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron