MLB: Cubs Playoff Roster

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Are they stuck with DeRosa if he finds out tonight he can't go? There's no injury option in the playoffs, right?

superdorf

Oct 1, 2007
Des Moines, IA
www.superdorf.com
Are they stuck with DeRosa if he finds out tonight he can't go? There's no injury option in the playoffs, right?
Baseball by Dan Graziano - NJ.com
The Cliff Floyd rule is still in effect, rem. Floyd made the roster but was injured in the first game and spent the series on the bench. Now a player can be DLed and replaced by another player on the 40 man roster.
After each series the team can completely restock the roster with any players from the 40 man roster. A player that makes the NLDS may not make the NLCS if the team chooses another player.

If DeRosa goes on the DL, I believe he can be replaced by an in fielder on the 40 man roster... I think.

Cyclone90

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 29, 2007

Cyclone90

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 29, 2007

I read that Fukudome could start in right and put DeRosa at 2nd to save his calf. He's going to start, but maybe not in right.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
I read that Fukudome could start in right and put DeRosa at 2nd to save his calf. He's going to start, but maybe not in right.

Yep - off cubs.com

Cubs Game 1 lineup​
No. Player Pos
1Alfonso Soriano LF
2Kosuke Fukudome RF
3Derrek Lee 1B
4Aramis Ramirez 3B
5Geovany Soto C
6Jim Edmonds CF
7Mark DeRosa 2B
8Ryan Theriot SS
9Ryan Dempster RHP