CR Gaz exposes mismanagement at eiu

RQ4IOWA

May 22, 2020
Yes, considering we didn’t hire them away from Golden Corral like UI did
Harreld has an engineering degree from Purdue (>>> ISU engineering), an MBA from Harvard, and an adjunct professor at Northwestern. Not that Wintersteen isn’t smart, but c’mom!

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Harreld has an engineering degree from Purdue (>>> ISU engineering), an MBA from Harvard, and an adjunct professor at Northwestern. Not that Wintersteen isn’t smart, but c’mom!
How many votes of no confidence has Dr Wintersteen received (because that would be embarrassing)?

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
Harreld has spent a career failing upwards in wildly disparate business settings. His career is public information.

Engineering consulting to Kraft frozen foods to Boston Market to IBM to part-time faculty at Harvard to "consulting"(while waiting for the eiu job!),....???????

His time at eiu has been a train wreck of out-of-court personnel settlements.

RQ4IOWA

May 22, 2020
Harreld has spent a career failing upwards in wildly disparate business settings. His career is public information.

Engineering consulting to Kraft frozen foods to Boston Market to IBM to part-time faculty at Harvard to "consulting"(while waiting for the eiu job!),....???????

His time at eiu has been a train wreck of out-of-court personnel settlements.
Failing upwards?!?!?!? Each role he held probably paid more than what ISU’s president makes!!

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
Failing upwards?!?!?!? Each role he held probably paid more than what ISU’s president makes!!
And as the prez of eiu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!What a maroon!
tenor.gif

Too effing easy.

I doubt a non-tenured "adjunct" professor is as lucrative as a tenured professorship anywhere. Kind of being a sub vs. faculty in public schools.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

Jammin’

Jul 18, 2009
Ames-Mia-Atx
And You are ragging on Iowa’s president hires???

I’m probably being trolled but can’t tell.

I’m not sure your remembering the hire of Bruce H. very well. I really don’t mean to come off sounding condescending here, but that hiring was complete unethical crap show and inside job sham.

I’m open to have my mind changed on that comment though. I just haven’t ever heard or read anything different.

Just do a quick google search on - Bruce Herrold Hiring Controversy.

While reading through this mess of lawsuits, sanctions, and broken hiring rules, just remember who was the sole driving force behind this. It was none other than enormous donor and supporter of Kirk F., Bruce Rastetter.

Seriously, West Virginia, I repeat, West Virginia had one allegation against one of their best coordinators a few weeks ago. Major hard spot for the second year head coach trying to build a program.

Anyway, The guy got put on administrative leave immediately by the Prez, it was looked into and they separated ways with him just weeks after the allegation. With statements from the Prez and AD.

Meanwhile, at the University of Iowa...nowhere to be heard on frequent and multiple corroborated Ferpa and Hipaa allegations by multiple coaches not named Doyle. Not even a little paid leave or any kind of university acknowledgement.

Not many ways to get told to clean your desk out quicker in a educational setting.

It’s just getting real hard not to begin to correlate these, but I’m open to having a discussion and my mind changed.

Last edited:

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
When Sally Mason has a long tenure as your university president you drop the mic. She was just god awful, probably 4 levels past her Peter principle. In no way qualified to be anywhere near that position and an utter embarrassment to the U of I. I’m convinced there are Regents who hate Iowa based on the hiring of Sally and Harreld.

Now Hunter Rawlings was a star, of the Robert Parks and Gregory Geoffroy ilk. But I’m not sure the U of I has had a good president since.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum