CR Gaz exposes mismanagement at eiu

• Fanatics -

Thank you for your patience today and welcome to the newest version of Cyclone Fanatic!

Most of the changes we have made are very simple, but will greatly improve your user experience while visiting the website.

We have upgraded our forum software to speed things up. Our homepage is much cleaner and should be even more mobile friendly than before.

We appreciate your loyalty and are committed to not only keeping Cyclone Fanatic in tip-top shape, but continuing to build this community for the next decade and beyond.

We ask that if you are experiences any glitches to let us know in this thread . Will will be diligently working on the site all day.

Thanks again.

Chris Williams - Publisher

Cyfern

Sep 26, 2019

Althetuna

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 7, 2012
Somewhere in the Minneapolis Area
I don't understand selling off assets unless U of I is desperate for money. Their long term budget projections must look bleak.

U of I gets:
Upfront payment $1.165 billion which they are using to pay off existing debt and create an endowment ($999 million).

U of I required:
Pay fixed fees ($35 million/year for 50 years)
Pay consultant fees ($13 million)
Continues to pay operating costs
Pay for upgrades to existing facilities

JM4CY

Aug 23, 2012
America
Don’t call it mismanagement when you all will look back someday and see how smart they were.

#doingittherightway

Althetuna

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 7, 2012
Somewhere in the Minneapolis Area
Is any of this tax payer funded? I think I know the answer but this is ridiculous.
No, its not. The U of I is projecting the ROI of the new endowment will cover all the cost of this deal plus provide addition funding.

They are projecting a 4% return. Historically they have seen an 8% ROI on their other endowments.

RQ4IOWA

May 22, 2020
Raise em all you want. That fine University is known for making nothing but one marvelous hire after another.
Leath leaves for Auburn (SEC, SEC, SEC,), Geoffroy now teaches chemistry at ISU, and Jischke moved on to Purdue of the Big Ten. And You are ragging on Iowa’s president hires???

• Dislike
  • Dumb
Reactions: aauummm and CyBobby

Cyched

Minister of Culture
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 8, 2009
Ankeny
Leath leaves for Auburn (SEC, SEC, SEC,), Geoffroy now teaches chemistry at ISU, and Jischke moved on to Purdue of the Big Ten. And You are ragging on Iowa’s president hires???
Yes, considering we didn’t hire them away from Golden Corral like UI did

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm and CyBobby

every_yard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2006
Iowa’s going to lead the way for schools addressing mismanagement issues.

Reactions: aauummm

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
Wait, are you arguing Geoffrey was a bad hire because, at age 65, after 11 years, he stepped down and stayed on faculty? I’m certainly not in the weeds of academia but I thought his time at ISU was widely acknowledged as a success.

JM4CY

Aug 23, 2012
America
Barta my friend. Barta. Explain that to me then you can come after Iowa States leadership.

Reactions: CyBobby

trevn

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
West-Eastern Iowa
Wait, are you arguing Geoffrey was a bad hire because, at age 65, after 11 years, he stepped down and stayed on faculty? I’m certainly not in the weeds of academia but I thought his time at ISU was widely acknowledged as a success.
Troy Aikman was a complete bust because he now works in the booth for NFL games instead of playing QB. Makes total sense.