Coronavirus Coronavirus: In-Iowa General Discussion (Not Limited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
How many dead bodies would you predict to come from an unemployment rate of 20% +? I’m talking suicides, OD’s, loss of medical care, etc.
That's what unemployment, Medicare, food stamps etc. are for. At least, they would be if we operated like a wealthy nation instead of a nation for wealthy people.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Lots of talk about the states without Stay at Home orders on the national news. I live in a state with one. What you are doing right now in Iowa is no different than what we are doing. No dine in, no haircuts, no tattoos, ... Lots of things saying they are essential. Lots of stupid people not practicing social distancing. Lots of new people out exercising.

Guy who says they're all working at Scheels like normal is definitely different than the past three weeks in California. Sporting goods stores are definitely not in normal open situations, even drug and grocery have reduced hours and have been limiting customers for over two weeks.

There are some non essential businesses that are getting a clear loophole like a cake shop in my neighborhood.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
quite a spike in deaths......

Not necessarily so bad if they’re centered in that one facility. Obviously it’s horrible, the elderly are dying without family having access to see them, but Washington had that outbreak in that facility and it wasn’t a sign of how the rest of the state was going to go.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Tempted to go to the grocery store wearing a ski mask or pantyhose over my face. Probably would get tased.

Reactions: isutrevman

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Tempted to go to the grocery store wearing a ski mask or pantyhose over my face. Probably would get tased.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Doc

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
I get the idea that many people need and use cars, but please explain why they need to buy a new car now? I never said close the service area, but why are the show rooms still open?
You still have not explained that, no one is doubting we need a vehicle to drive, why go down that bunny trial?
It shouldn't be that hard. You have one sales person at the dealership. If the repair shop quotes more than 50% of the vehicle's value for a repair, you let that person meet with the sales person to look at cars - new or used. If you can afford to buy, then you can afford that repair bill. Or you could always sell your beater to the shop as is or have it towed back to your house and buy private party. If it's a newer car or really expensive fix, it's most likely going to involve insurance or warranty both of which will cover rental cars.

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
Here’s what I wish would happen:
Set a date a couple weeks out, say April 20. Stay at home order For 14 days with substantial fines. Healthcare, utilities, gas stations, car repair, farms and food supply, and pharmacies and grocery stores remain open with delivery strongly encouraged, almost nothing else. Maybe a couple other things I’m not thinking of.

Anyone who is not basically prepared right now to be home for 2 weeks is either destitute, severely disabled, or a ******* moron.

Not trying be dumb but, whey set a date a couple weeks out? If we're going to do it, do it now

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Using the Rag's numbers, only 601 tests performed. That's a big drop for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron