Congratulations

redraider1286

Feb 21, 2017
While there are fringes / extremes in each fan base, I would consider the Red Raiders to be way more like us than not. Think about how we have been perceived in this state w/r/t football (although a lot of this is our own doing), and magnify it by a factor of at least 10 and I think we can then begin to understand our brothers in black and red and their seat at the table (especially when you look at who they are competing with in the state for recruits, attention, etc.). Similar sized agricultural and engineering school, with not a lot of going for it, (geographically speaking) and a general feeling of hate and discontent for UT and aTm. They have struggled to find their way since the Mike Leach firing debacle (who BTW made them relevant again). Their history points to a better overall football tradition than ours (most school's do though). All told, there is a lot that I can get behind with the Red Raiders (just not when they play the Cyclones).

I 100% agree with this. I always root for Iowa State when they are not playing Tech. It seems like even in Basketball I am rooting for Iowa State over any other Big 12 team.

It does seem like for the most part both of our fan bases show up no matter what the record is (although this seems to be changing with us).

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I 100% agree with this. I always root for Iowa State when they are not playing Tech. It seems like even in Basketball I am rooting for Iowa State over any other Big 12 team.

It does seem like for the most part both of our fan bases show up no matter what the record is (although this seems to be changing with us).

Good luck the rest of the way. For some odd reason my wife always likes watching us play Texas Tech in football too...

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
Here's another thing to add to the "things better than Lubbock" thread.

Seriously though, best of luck to you the rest of the season. My cousin just graduated with a masters from TT, so I do have a smidgen of respect for them.

At least you're in the lead in the "who can score the most points against Kansas" contest. :D

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I've always thought ISU and T-Tech were lost lost twins. Or kindred souls of some sort. :)

Ag school, rural part of the state, not the Big Dog in their State, few Bandwagon fans, so on and so forth.

Every T-Tech fan I've ever met are good dudes, the OP seems to confirm this.

Still don't like Kingsbury as a player or a Coach. ;)

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I was worried we wouldn't show up for the Tech game. Glad to see we are a different team now. I sensed it when we upset OU, but I think we can be sure, win or lose, what we are getting out of our team right now, and it's so exciting.

Best of wishes to Tech, so long as we aren't in your way down the line ;)

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonic1