Computer Service Locations - Troubleshoot

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Let’s see:

Prime Z490 motherboard
Intel 10900?? CPU. It’s unlocked but I don’t overclock. 10 core, 20 thread
3 of 4 Corsair 16 GB ram ( 1 bad)
AMD 6700XT graphics
M.2 980 Pro ssd. 500 for OS and apps, 1 TB for storage.
PSU 850 gold I think…this one is hard to remember.
2 fan liquid cooler
3 front fans intake
4 fan outtake( 3 top 1 back)

Well Schrock innovations has a interesting computer repair program on the radio locations Des Moines to Lincoln.

charlie_B

Mar 21, 2017
Let’s see:

Prime Z490 motherboard
Intel 10900?? CPU. It’s unlocked but I don’t overclock. 10 core, 20 thread
3 of 4 Corsair 16 GB ram ( 1 bad)
AMD 6700XT graphics
M.2 980 Pro ssd. 500 for OS and apps, 1 TB for storage.
PSU 850 gold I think…this one is hard to remember.
2 fan liquid cooler
3 front fans intake
4 fan outtake( 3 top 1 back)
I would try removing one more stick to match whatever the manual suggests for 2 sticks of RAM. You could also try checking for BIOS updates. I would also check your 500GB SSD to see if it is failing. It should not be at its age, but what you see are common signs of SSD failure.

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com
I would try removing one more stick to match whatever the manual suggests for 2 sticks of RAM. You could also try checking for BIOS updates. I would also check your 500GB SSD to see if it is failing. It should not be at its age, but what you see are common signs of SSD failure.
Great suggestions. Good point on Ram. I did already check bios so sadly not it. SSD was the next thing in line besides digging into the cpu and motherboard.

CyByrd

Aug 9, 2021
You might also check your BIOS XMP Settings for the memory. I have seen a PC have random freezing/BSOD due to XMP being set incorrectly for the installed memory. It was trying to have memory run at higher frequency than what the memory stick supported.

Reactions: guitarchitect7

Foosballa

Mar 27, 2014
I had a similar-ish issue that just started randomly on my computer. One day just started to randomly freeze/BSOD soon after startup. I just needed to reseat the ram sticks and everything was all good. Not sure if anyone else had suggested that, but that's all I needed to do.

CyPhallus

Oct 19, 2021
It really sounds like CPU cooling issues to me, could be something else but I'm leaning that way. Try the easy stuff first but order a tube of Arctic MX6 thermal paste on Amazon so you have it. Clean the old crud off really good (carefully) and reseat with the new thermal paste. You might have something like Arctic Silver 5 still around from your build, which is still a damn good paste as well. Either one will work great.

Reactions: guitarchitect7

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com
I had a similar-ish issue that just started randomly on my computer. One day just started to randomly freeze/BSOD soon after startup. I just needed to reseat the ram sticks and everything was all good. Not sure if anyone else had suggested that, but that's all I needed to do.
Glad that worked out for you. Got mine being looked at and hopefully a simple fix.

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com
It really sounds like CPU cooling issues to me, could be something else but I'm leaning that way. Try the easy stuff first but order a tube of Arctic MX6 thermal paste on Amazon so you have it. Clean the old crud off really good (carefully) and reseat with the new thermal paste. You might have something like Arctic Silver 5 still around from your build, which is still a damn good paste as well. Either one will work great.
Thanks. Got it in being looked at, but will keep in mind.