College Football Playoffs Thread

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
We are well over the halfway marker of the college football season. I think we have a pretty good idea what teams and conferences are made of at this point. What are your four teams in the playoffs?

1.Alabama (Conference Champ) 12-0
2..Wisconsin (Conference Champ) 12-0
3. Okie St. (conference Champ) 11-1
4. TCU (OT loss to Okie St. in Big 12 championship game) 11-1

My other tid bit prediction is that because two Big 12 teams make it in, the playoff is expanded to 6 teams next year.

side notes: Pac 12 and ACC champs have 2 losses. Notre Dame beats NC State and Miami, but loses to Stanford and ends with 2 losses. Georgia loses to Auburn then Alabama in the SEC Championship game to end with 2 losses. Ohio State loses to Wisconsin in the BIG championship game to end with 2 losses. Clemson loses to NC State and ends with 2 losses. NC State wins the ACC but loses to Notre Dame as mentioned above.

This is a long shot, if this were to happen the playoff would be expanded for next year the day after selections.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
There's a better chance the Big 12 gets left out than getting two teams in.

I wouldn't be surprised if both Wisconsin and Penn State get in.
Or Penn State and Ohio State.

Look no further than where Game Day is this weekend to see how the Big 12 vs Big 10 is viewed.

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
There's a better chance the Big 12 gets left out than getting two teams in.

I wouldn't be surprised if both Wisconsin and Penn State get in.
Or Penn State and Ohio State.

Look no further than where Game Day is this weekend to see how the Big 12 vs Big 10 is viewed.
so what are you predictions? I'm just having a little fun on this boring Tuesday before a meeting

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016

You think they are showing a bias by choosing a match up between teams ranked 2 and 6 instead of a game between teams ranked 4 and 25?

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Alabama
Ohio st or penn st
Clemson
Georgia

SEC gets 2 in despite no quality wins OOC.

No Big12 this year, TCU wont go undefeated. OU and OSU will lose another game.

Wisky beats OSU or PSU in champ game, OSU/PSU goes to CFP anyway.

Pac12 lol.

I'm just so cynical about the whole thing.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
My Rankings today:
1) Georgia
2) Alabama
3) Penn St
4) TCU

Next 2:
5) Clemson
6) Wisconsin

My Rankings at the end of the year:
1) Alabama
2) Ohio St
3) Clemson
4) Georgia

Just Missed:
5) OU
6) Wisconsin

Last edited:

StratCY

Apr 22, 2011
Austin, TX
Alabama
Ohio st or penn st
Clemson
Georgia

SEC gets 2 in despite no quality wins OOC.

No Big12 this year, TCU wont go undefeated. OU and OSU will lose another game.

Wisky beats OSU or PSU in champ game, OSU/PSU goes to CFP anyway.

Pac12 lol.

I'm just so cynical about the whole thing.
Just to play devils advocate (because F*** the $EC), Georgia did beat ND in South Bend, I'd say that's a quality win.

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
Listened to a college football show while driving this morning. 3 guys made their predictions. None had a B12 team in. All selections were a combination of Alabama, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Penn State, Georgia, Clemson and Wisconsin. Alabama and possibly Penn State could have 1 loss and get in. The rest all were win out and get in. They did have TCU as a team that could run the table and get in. They just didn't think that would happen.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I will bet my left nut this happens:

Alabama
Penn St
Georgia
Ohio St

Book it.

Can we have a playoff for the rest of the country?

The Little X is SOOOO overrated at this point its ridiculous.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
My prediction is

1. Alabama
2. OSU
3. TCU
4. Notre Dame (lean to them) or Clemson

And TCU repeats the beat down of overrated Ohio State, then loses to the pro team.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Alabama, TCU, Ohio State, and Georgia (not in any particular order).

I think Alabama and Georgia win out until the reach the SEC title game but Alabama wins it; I still think Georgia gets in. I think TCU will get in. Finally, I think it'll be Ohio State because I have them beating Penn State and Wisconsin. If Penn State wins this saturday, then swap them for Ohio State. I'm a Wisconsin fan, but I don't really see us beating whoever comes out of the east. I think Wisconsin's good, but more of around 8-12 good, not top 4

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
Alabama, TCU, Ohio State, and Georgia (not in any particular order).

I think Alabama and Georgia win out until the reach the SEC title game but Alabama wins it; I still think Georgia gets in. I think TCU will get in. Finally, I think it'll be Ohio State because I have them beating Penn State and Wisconsin. If Penn State wins this saturday, then swap them for Ohio State. I'm a Wisconsin fan, but I don't really see us beating whoever comes out of the east. I think Wisconsin's good, but more of around 8-12 good, not top 4
The good thing for Wisconsin, though, is they really only need to show up for one game. That's why I have them winning the BIG championship. They can sleep walk through their regular season (maybe not sleep walk, but you get what I'm saying) and really show up for the championship with a roster that shouldn't be overly banged up from eating cupcakes.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron