Coach Rhoads & Kennard Banks

HOTDON

Mar 24, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
Biggest thing .. he needs to learn to wrap up.

I'll definitely second that. The one play that sticks out to me was the one long rush that NDSU broke. They were coming right down the sideline towards me in section AA. Banks caught up and (to your point) dove in front of the runner and it was actually O'Connell that got credit for the tackle. They scored a play or two later, but I was surprised to see how well Banks closed on the guy. Pretty sure Banks made another similar rundown later in the game, but I don't recall the circumstances.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
I'll definitely second that. The one play that sticks out to me was the one long rush that NDSU broke. They were coming right down the sideline towards me in section AA. Banks caught up and (to your point) dove in front of the runner and it was actually O'Connell that got credit for the tackle. They scored a play or two later, but I was surprised to see how well Banks closed on the guy. Pretty sure Banks made another similar rundown later in the game, but I don't recall the circumstances.

I believe I'm thinking of the same play. KB closed well, then fanned the guy diving in front of him.

I was a great close, good angle. But he didn't make the tackle. Slowed down the guy enough, but if there wasn't other pursuit, the runner scores.

I'm nervous as hell if he's out there on an island.

There was another play - pretty meaningless results (maybe a first down). He can up and had the receiver dead to rights on a little screen out in the flat. Came up to put the big hit on. Didn't wrap, or even extend his arms. Just put his shoulder down. Guy took the hit, then went on for a pretty good gain when he should've gone nowhere.

Last edited:

TedKumsher

Aug 30, 2007
Ames