CMC on Smoke On The Water

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
Personally I would like to see them switch cyclone warning to the beginning then do the video for the year then come out to sirens.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I'm amazed at how much some people care about this.

I agree...to a point. However, when you get amped up for pregame, and then are forced to listen to the same boring and slow guitar riff for 1-2 minutes, its a giant mood kill. SOTW is a good song, but the way it was used in the teams intro was absolutely horrible.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
I still want him to play the first couple guitar riffs from Smoke on the Water, then cut into something bad ***. You would probably be able to hear the crowd groaning when they first hear it.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
It's the state of Iowa.

How AC/DC isn't in the mix for these types of things is kind of puzzling. Every time I'm back and listen to the local radio I'm reminded of how their air play hasn't changed, along with any band that had their moment in 1998.

I'm looking at you, Godsmack. Oh, how I miss that superficial rural/suburban teenaged angst.

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
I'd be happy with the Hello Kitty theme song if we could just win more than a couple games.

Icky_Mettle

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Ames
[video=youtube;V5vmGET6Zww]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5vmGET6Zww[/video]

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
I'm amazed at how much some people care about this.

Smoke on the Water has become the symbol, for some, of just how far behind the times and out of touch the old staff was. Twitter was the same way, they do it for recruiting but it also serves as a big message to the fanbase about what type of program they're going to be.

CMC figured all of that out and has emphatically let everyone know how he's changing the culture of ISU. The guy really knows how to sell it to the fans. I hear "changing the culture" every time a new coach rolls into Ames, but this staff is really making me believe they can do it.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I hope it's a really annoying rap song just so some old codgers can wax poetic about bringing Smoke on the Water back.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Smoke on the Water has become the symbol, for some, of just how far behind the times and out of touch the old staff was. Twitter was the same way, they do it for recruiting but it also serves as a big message to the fanbase about what type of program they're going to be.

CMC figured that out and has emphatically let everyone know how he's changing the culture of ISU. The guy really knows how to sell it to the fans. I hear "changing the culture" every time a new coach rolls into Ames, but this staff is really making me believe they can do it.

Smoke on the Water in the mid 10s > Jock Jams in the early to mid 00s

This goes back further than Deep Purple.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I'd be happy with the Hello Kitty theme song if we could just win more than a couple games.

Right there with you, I really don't care. No way the poor guy picks something that makes everyone happy. I just hope he gets it Charter pre-approved to reduce whining.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009

CMC figured all of that out and has emphatically let everyone know how he's changing the culture of ISU. The guy really knows how to sell it to the fans. I hear "changing the culture" every time a new coach rolls into Ames, but this staff is really making me believe they can do it.

The only culture change that matters is the losing culture. That hasn't changed yet. Twitter and WWE songs don't win games.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
The only culture change that matters is the losing culture. That hasn't changed yet. Twitter and WWE songs don't win games.

These are a couple of the many reasons CPR failed.

Also the idea that a culture change could only happen in one specific area of the program is completely missing the point of a culture change.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Personally I would like to see them switch cyclone warning to the beginning then do the video for the year then come out to sirens.

I really like the idea of tying the entrance song to the sirens. And hopefully, there will be some siren sounds in the entrance song. Let's make it all one big storm buildup.

Freebird

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
[video=youtube;ldE800eFJps]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldE800eFJps[/video]

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron