Chris Allen tonight

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
Thought he played his best offensive game as a Cyclone. His shooting kept us in the game and I thought he displayed great leadership while Royce was stepping to the line. Whatever he said to him worked and Royce made some huge FT's.
I would have liked to see CA contest Nash more on his last shot but it was a good move by Nash. I'm also not sure why he didn't pull up and take a shot on the last play.

K

KFitzy87

Nash pushed off Chris pretty good on the last shot... Which is why it wasn't contested better

whirlybirds

Oct 25, 2007
Knoxville, IA
I was really hoping he would of attempted the 3 at the end. If we really needed to drive in the paint, why not give it to our best post player White?

C

CyBer

He had a great game, the rest of them, not so much. TIME TO MOVE ON TO aTm.

Billups06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 18, 2006
Thought he played his best offensive game as a Cyclone. His shooting kept us in the game and I thought he displayed great leadership while Royce was stepping to the line. Whatever he said to him worked and Royce made some huge FT's.
I would have liked to see CA contest Nash more on his last shot but it was a good move by Nash. I'm also not sure why he didn't pull up and take a shot on the last play.

I'm disappointed we lost, but honestly, I'm not that upset for some reason. Okie St is athletic, and we struggled to guard them. Hopefully CFH and the boys come back with something to prove again.

Sloup

Nov 14, 2009
Ames, IA
Dude put the team on his back in his own way when we needed it most. I know it won't happen, but Allen deserves a break of people giving him crap with his recent performances.

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
Nash pushed off Chris pretty good on the last shot... Which is why it wasn't contested better
It looked to me like he had a good chance to at least jump and contest it despite the push off. Nash probably would have made it anyway though.
Hopefully CA keeps taking good shots and starts giving us effort and intensity on defense.

Spam

May 21, 2008
he was still taking shots that looked a bit wild when they were launched, but they kept falling in. Good for him.

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
I'm disappointed we lost, but honestly, I'm not that upset for some reason. Okie St is athletic, and we struggled to guard them. Hopefully CFH and the boys come back with something to prove again.
I'm disappointed because we really hurt our tournament chances.

BigM

Mar 2, 2007
Amesterdam
just wish that he woulda pulled up at the elbow and shot it then at least paige or nash woulda most likely had to foul him to contest it very well

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
Without CA we are not in the game tonight, so we will live with that even though he had Babb open behind him. I guess we are out of the tourney now according to Jimmy *****.

kas4cy

Sep 11, 2011
Iowa City, IA
Today was easily his best offensive game. The change? We got the ball out of his hands. When he runs the point, he forces too much. Guy has a good stroke and can hit some ridiculous shots, but struggles when he controls the offense.

tl;dr - We need a point guard... but what else is new?

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
What I wanna know is why they call the ticky tac foul on Ejim but not on Nash when he had is elbow in his side. Bs they cant call a game the same.

kas4cy

Sep 11, 2011
Iowa City, IA
You really don't understand how getting to the tourney works do you?

Road game that we were not favored to win...not a big deal.

Yep, pretty much. Will it hurt? Yes. But only because it's a loss, and not a win. Not a terrible loss that some will make you believe it is.

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
You really don't understand how getting to the tourney works do you?

Road game that we were not favored to win...not a big deal.
Actually yes I do. I've come to expect better posts from you but any loss at this point, especially to a lower to mid level team in our conference hurts our tourney chances. The committee doesn't look at the fact we weren't favored to win, they see that we lost to a non tournament team and in the end we'll have one less win. Most people are saying we need to get to 21 wins to have a good shot and because of this loss we'll have to win a game we will not be favored in. I have no idea how you could pass this off as not a big deal.

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
Yep, pretty much. Will it hurt? Yes. But only because it's a loss, and not a win. Not a terrible loss that some will make you believe it is.
I'm not saying losing to Ok State is a terrible loss, what I am saying is losing ANY game at this point to a team of their caliber is going to hurt us pretty badly.
We should have won that game and we didn't and because of it we'll now have to have another big upset. I'm sure we will beat Baylor or Missouri but it just puts more pressure on us.